What ODIs need is a 2-innings format !!

Re: What ODIs need is a 2-innings format !!

I actually like some1's idea.For 2 reasons..first one is the one mentioned by Some1 but other one is about guessing game that team batting first has to get into.

Cricket is so dependent on pitch conditions that all the time team batting first is guessing what is the best total on this wicket. If wicket is of 220-230 and you played to agressive then chances are that you will end up making 180. And it goes other way round.

Even experts have no clue at all. Why do you think that at the end of first inning expert dont foget to mention " This team I think was short by 20-30 run". They do it because they have no fcuking clue and they are trying to save their ass.

This approach will give them both team to make strategies and execute it.
But I dont think batsmen need to bat twice. It can just be extension of first inning. Like a temperory halt in your inning and. You resume 2nd inning where you stopped in 1st inning.