Spock
July 29, 2010, 8:16pm
10
there is no question that one could question the competence of a lot of people. but you cant act as if miscommunication is an unusual thing in a time of crisis. the 9/11 report found plenty of miscommunication and confusion and chaos . that much is expected. now I havent seen shahid masood’s analysis but if it has been along the lines of conspiracy theories like the one in this thread, that is indefensible. miscommunication and chaos are expected things in an event like this, and in a country with limited human and physical resources like ours. but hatching theories is a deliberative act, far removed from the chaos of the situation, and is in no way justifiable on the basis of confusion in the government while responding to the situation.
there is no understandable malafide intent in Rehman Malik when he says 5 people have survived. what gain does he possibly have? you say they should have been patient… arguably so, perhaps it was balanced by a need to inform the public and give hope based on the information he had. There is no suggestion that he had something to gain from it at all.
I didn’t even bother reading your first para (too long), but as for the bolded part, he gave that stupid statement minutes after the crash was reported… Kaira the doofus was shown denying the black box thingie while the other window on the news channel had a video of the box. I am not questioning their motives buddy, I am questioning their sanity.