Website help

I’m creating a website for my uni project and I wanted to ask what language should I use?

Re: Website help

you want to write all the code yourself?

Re: Website help

yeh, atleast to start with

Re: Website help

Most of the dynamic websites out there would use a content management system (CMS) which a whole community has worked on, thereby not re-inventing the wheel. Most of those use php as well.

If you are creating something from scratch php would be a good start as it has a lot of documentation. It is also easier to follow and has a lot of modules/add on’s which are easier to integrate.

Javascript is used a lot of you want to do any type of creative designs or added functionality. Anyhow, my 2 cents.

Re: Website help

asp.net with c# as your developing language. :@:

Re: Website help

Usually choice for language is dependent on the requirement of this website .

If it is a static website that will never be updated again , go with HTML, & CSS . All you’ll need will be a web server .

If you’ll want a dynamic site that you can update later on , the better use some CMS like Joomla . Its written in PHP, but with that you’ll also require a MySQL database server .

If you are good with Java then you might wana consider some good Java based CMS .

Forget about ASP.NET , because IIS based servers don’t come cheap .

Re: Website help

Go with HTML, it may be better

-DP

Re: Website help

Why don’t you use WYSIWYG Designers and you wouldn’t have to use any code :).

Re: Website help

Thanks for the advice, Im going to go with php.

I think that would be too complex for me, but thanks for the advice.

yeh ive downloaded joomla and im going to go with php. I have xampp as well. Thank u for the advice.

I’m learning html5. So thanks for the advice.

I’ve used those before and dreamweaver, when I was in school. But the website needs to be dynamic, its not a one time thing. But thanks for the advice.

Re: Website help

try webs.com :slight_smile:

Very easy

-DP