We shall overrun: The young, urban, middle-class Pakistani’s manifesto

Simply because I wish to contextualise the word in this debate. IMO it is a completely unfair characterization to call JI/JUI OR NFP as extremists on the other side of the coin of the Taleban.

It is an unfair polemic device designed to discredit them entirely. I think Ji/JUI have played positive roles in the past, one point of MMA for example was to get rid of sectarian violence by including shias into the org. I remember MMA publicized pictures of them praying behind some shia imam. Would the Taleban/SSP/Lashkar e Jhangvi do that? Yea some of them have made unfortunate statements recently but you cant be too hasty with that brush, if that brush means being the same coin as the Taleban.

You make a comment on my personal life and background when you say my understanding of the issue comes from ‘sitting in the west reading Dawn’. I would never pick on your entitled expatriate self if you didnt question mine :slight_smile: