and I don’t see the difference. if one supports a group that uses violence as its main tool to make a point, then one condones violence as well. I really don’t see the difference.
JI/JUI can’t say oh jee we support the Taliban but don’t support the bomb attacks, suicide bombings, beheadings, etc. hain jee? if you take these away from the Taliban, what is left? what ideology do these jaahil animals have to offer? if they were at least educated or something or even if they had some deeni taleem, maybe there would be something to talk about. but what will I learn from commander Ull Ka Patha Mehsud who was working as a laborer in the middle east a few years ago and dropped out of school after primary? what great ideological education does he have to offer to the average educated Pakistani?
this is a big myth, imo. they have been humiliated in all the recent by-elections. only mainstream parties have gotten anywhere. JI has been embarrassed. heck even Imran’s tonga party has done better than the so-called super organized JI. seems like voters made it a point to humiliate JI.
when there was outrage against Shahbaz Sharif’s ambiguous support for Taliban, (though I would have liked to seen more outrage with one voice and an apology from PML-N) do you think the same people will forgive JI for its outrageous support for the Taliban animals?
we from Punjab, etc have not bear the brunt of their badmaashi maybe. so, we talk about their political fan base, etc. but after what they did in Pakthunkhwa especially in Swat under Musharraf, I doubt they will get anywhere in that region for some time to come. Swat and other regions will not forget the horrors of those days for a while.
and if we do, then shame on us. and we deserve these animals and their barbarity then.