aaho
July 11, 2010, 11:49pm
51
I think there are just too many teams in the Football World Cup
32 is just way too many…
I appreciate that FIFA is trying to promote and market the game but a world cup should only involve the best teams in the world
My suggestion have a maximam of 12 teams, split them into two groups of 6 each with the top two in each group qualifying for the semis
5 best teams from Europe
+
3 best teams from South America
+
2 best teams from Africa
+
1 team each from Asia and North America
i.e.
5 games each for every team in group + SF + Final i.e. the eventual finalists w’d still have to play 7 games in all
No last 16 or QF nonsense
I just want to say the QF thing is the most best and fair system.. as you can never know who are the BEST TEAMs in the world until you play against each other at country level