USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

Looks like USA means business. Their Naval Forces and Air Forces are in places for a massive Air and Sea attack on Iran.

God help us All.

The United States will be ready to launch a missile attack on Iran’s nuclear facilities as soon as early this month, perhaps “from 4 a.m. until 4 p.m. on April 6,” according to reports in the Russian media on Saturday.

According to Russian intelligence sources, the reports said, the US has devised a plan to attack several targets in Iran, and an assault could be carried out by launching missiles from fighter jets and warships stationed in the Persian Gulf.

Russian news agency RIA Novosti quoted a security official as saying, “Russian intelligence has information that the US Armed Forces stationed in the Persian Gulf have nearly completed preparations for a missile strike against Iranian territory.”

The Russian Defense Ministry rejected the claims of an imminent attack as “myths.” There was no immediate response from Washington.

The reports come as the Iranian chief of staff, Hassan Fayrouz Abadi, was quoted on Saturday by Iran’s Fars news agency warning leaders of Arab countries that Israel plans to open a “suicidal attack” on its neighbors this summer, to “prevent the withdrawal of the US troops from Iraq and the area.”

“I warn the dear leaders and Muslim brothers in the neighboring countries of the occupied territories that this suicidal attack of the Zionists is threatening them,” he said.

The countries in danger, he said, were “Lebanon and Syria, and later Egypt, Jordan and Saudi Arabia.”

Also on Saturday, Russia urged Britain and Teheran to resolve the dispute over 15 British sailors and marines captured by Iran last week, a local news agency reported.

Russian Foreign Ministry spokesman Mikhail Kamynin urged the two sides to provide the United Nations with their own assessments as to what happened and where exactly the detention occurred so that the body could conduct an independent probe.

“We hope these actions will provide a foundation for the soonest possible resolution of the crisis,” Kamynin was quoted as saying by the Interfax news agency.

Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad insisted that the captured British sailors and marines trespassed in Iranian waters and called world powers “arrogant” for failing to apologize, the country’s official news agency reported.

“The British occupier forces did trespass our waters. Our border guards detained them with skill and bravery. But arrogant powers, because of their arrogant and selfish spirit, are claiming otherwise,” IRNA quoted Ahmadinejad as saying during a speech in the southeastern city of Andinmeshk.

The European Union grappled with a double bind over Iran Saturday - the country’s nuclear program and its seizure of the British troops - and reported no progress on either issue.

A debate about Iran’s nuclear ambitions had been scheduled as a key agenda item but “was overshadowed to a certain extent by the issue of the sailors and marines,” German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier said after hosting a two-day EU foreign ministers meeting in Bremen, Germany.

The Foreign Ministry in Iran dismissed the EU’s “biased and meddlesome” comments on the captured troops, saying the dispute solely involved the governments of Iran and Britain.

Speaking to reporters in Bremen, British Foreign Secretary Margaret Beckett urged Iran to resolve the crisis over the military personnel peacefully, saying London remains open to dialogue.

“We encourage Iran to peacefully resolve this issue,” she said.

“We continue to express our willingness to engage in dialogue and discussions with Iran,” she added. “That is very much in the best interest of our people and that is our foremost concern.”

“I think everyone regrets that this position has arisen,” she said. “What we want is a way out of it.”

AP contributed to this report.

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

This won't happen so soon...the news source of this strory has a Jewish leaning.
At least US may wait till troop withdrawal from Iraq.

They are still building a case against Iran in UN and trying to pursuade countries like China and Russia having trade relation with Iran

Also if US decides, it would either be under tacit approval from UN or a so called "coalition of wills" , this time chances of France getting in coalition are more as France has some interest in Labanon, where Iran's proxy (Hezbollah)operates.

One thing looks certain...any attack would be devastating if Iran retaliates by striking at Saudi oil fileds.
Also would be interesting to see how US can protect it's bases in Qatar and Bahrain--across the Gulf, not to mention, closing of strait of Hormuz means NO Oil for countries like India and China.

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

:rotfl: Yeh, God help us all indeed. :rotfl:

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

looks like Centcom didn’t get the memo :hehe:

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

Yeah, that's at least one consipiracy theory debunked.

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

Stealth is so cool. Now apparently they have bombs that are so stealthy that Iran apparently has not yet noticed.

Does all of this sound like a huge disinformation program? This whole date certain was first started by Debka files, a well known Mossad disinformation site.

But it probably made the Iranians a little twitchy. What is Debka up to now?

Still making the Iranians stay on full alert:

No attempt was made to conceal the visit a cluster of top US brass paid April 4 to American marine units aboard the multipurpose amphibious assault ship USS Baatan (LHD 5) and other vessels of the strike group deployed in the Persian Gulf. In fact they were happy to answer questions about policies, equipment and future plans.
The group visiting the 26th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU) aboard the Baatan was led by Gen. James Conway. With him were Lt. Gen. Keith Stadler, Commanding General of II Marine Expeditionary Force (MEF), Marine Corps Sgt. Maj. John Estrada and Rear Adm. Richard Jeffries, medical officer of the Marine Corps.
The group earlier climbed aboard the USS Oak Hill and USS Shreveport, which are part of the Bataan Strike Group.
Tehran took this public flurry of activity as another sign of an impending US assault. Its response came four days later. On April 8, the foreign ministry spokesman in Tehran Mohammad Ali Hossein said the Iranian army had completed all its preparations for defending the homeland and Iran was prepared to repel a military offensive.
The tenor of the language emitting from Iran is one of defiance across the board.
The foreign ministry in Tehran announced Monday, April 9: “Talks with the US are not on Iran’s agenda,” in reference to planned meetings on the sidelines of the second Iraq security conference taking place in Cairo next month.
This was the final death blow to the US-Saudi initiative to engage Iran, which was fathered earlier this year by the Bush administration and Saudi King Abdullah. Washington had pinned high hopes on the follow-up Cairo meeting providing the forum for direct talks between US and Iranian foreign ministers.
Since Tehran has knocked this prospect on the head, not much is expected to come out of the Cairo gathering of UN Security Council and G-8 members as well as Iraq’s neighbors – even if it takes place. This too is in question, given the menacing tone of Iranian foreign minister Manouchehr Mottaki. On Monday, he warned that relations with Iraq could deteriorate if the five Iranians detained in Iraq by US troops last February are not freed. Tehran is investigating their fate, he said, and urged Iraq to do the same.
Radical president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad’s proclamation of National Nuclear Energy Day celebrations to mark the first anniversary of Iran’s initial breakthrough on uranium enrichment is taken as a red flag to the West.
Notwithstanding persistent speculation, the Iranian leader refrained from announcing the installation of 3,000 centrifuges, which would have marked an important stride in large-scale uranium enrichment. He only announced “industrial scale” production of enriched uranium." DEBKAfile’s intelligence sources disclose that Iran has not managed to install more than 1,000 centrifuges, and possibly less, for lack of progress in overcoming technical hitches. The other 2,000 are either still being run in or inoperative.
Last week, ABC News revealed that in the last three months, Iran has more than tripled its ability to produce enriched uranium, adding some 1,000 centrifuges which are used to separate radioactive particles from the raw material
The addition of 1,000 new centrifuges, which are not yet operational, means Iran is expanding its enrichment program at a pace much faster than U.S. intelligence experts had predicted. The Islamic Republic may indeed have a bomb by 2009. This is six years earlier than the previous US intelligence time frame of 2015 and closer to Israeli intelligence assessments.
And this week, Aviation Week & Space Technology brought out some new data relevant to Iran’s missile program about the expansion of Chinese missile strength US monitoring operations.
The weekly reports that US Air Force Defense Support Program monitors have noted that both the Chinese and the Iranians “have very vigorous test programs. The number of ballistic missile launch events we are seeing with DSP is increasing.”
USAF Lt. Col, Joe Coniligio is quoted as saying: “…with major new Chinese and Iranian flight test activity to monitor, the DSP program has major initiatives underway to extract more intelligence out of the infrared data stream from each of the satellites.”
Also Monday, Iranian state TV announced Revolutionary Guard Gen. Mohammad Baqer Zolqadr had demonstrated the “ineffectiveness” of UN sanctions by spending six days in Moscow in defiance of the international ban on his travel. The Russians confirmed this. The general is listed with 15 individuals, whose visits all governments are required to ban.
DEBKAfile’s sources note additional factors contributing to heightened tensions in the region, chiefly the high death toll the US and British military are sustaining in Iraq from high-powered Iranian roadside bombs, 10 Americans and 6 Britons killed over the Easter weekend alone. Quantities of lethal weapons continued to flow across the border to the anti-US Shiite cleric Moqtada Sadr’s Mehdi Army militia. US and Iraqi forces have been battling these militia units for almost a week in the town of Diwaniya south of Baghdad. The Shiites are armed to the teeth with smuggled Iranian arms, including anti-tank and anti-air missiles.
Sadr brought out to the streets of Najef and Kufa on Monday, April, 9, the fourth anniversary of the fall of Baghdad, tens of thousands of anti-American demonstrators who burned US flags and demanded the end of “American occupation.” Sadr in person is a constant thorn in America’s side from a safe distance in Tehran.
http://www.debka.com/article.php?aid=1265

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

How come you predict it correctly every time, you must be Nostradamus in disguise :D.

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

Americans must have a death wish trying to take on Iran head on.

I mean Iraq was armed to teetth with high-tech western weapons (including chemicals weapons produced at Plymouth and Maryland) but still the Iranians came on top.

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

^ LOL Comparing the weapons that Iraq had (or even the ones Bush said they had) to the US arsenal is like comparing the power of Smaug to that of a Pakistani dragon.

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

damn daylight savings time mess this year, all appointments and meetings were thrown off..sheesh.

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

Or the JF-17 Thunder to a F-22 Raptor.

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

I think I also heard everyone saying Americans were all set to attck Iran September 2006 but Hezbollah messed up their plans in July by attacking Israel first.

I doubt it if Israel can afford to have a few Hezbollah medium-range Fajr missile landing at Tel Aviv!

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

Or the Lebanese people allowing Hezbollah to start another disastrous war with Israel

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

^ The Lebanese people patriotically supported them last year.

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

:rotfl:

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

on Good friday? of which year?

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

:hehe:

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

got proof?

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

[QUOTE]

from 4 a.m. until 4 p.m. on April 6

[/QUOTE]

Well luckily that day and time has come and gone so we'll see, eh?
I think that not many people in the U.S. would be thrilled if we bombed Iran.

Re: USA ready to strike Iran on Good Friday

These mad neo-cons can not even get approval to lengthen Iraq war. More than half of Americans have had enough of beating in Iraq. The Zionist Monkey Administration can not afford to start war against Iran anymore.