I have had this AVI TV tuner for a while and everything was working like a charm until Comcast cut off their analog signal in our area. They now require digital cable box on each tv. The problem is that my software (CyberLink Power Cinema) doesn’t scan any channels when i plug in the digital cable to the tuner. I have changed the signal settings from analog to digital in the cyberlink software and have rebooted the PC since, but still no luck.
So, i want to see what software you guys use for TV tuner. I will try that for scanning digital channels then.
On my very old pc, i had ATI’s software to watch and capture tv and i loved it. I can’t seem to find that. Does anyone know if they still make it?
Re: TV Tuner help needed
I think what u need to do is put their digital set-top box in before the tv-tuner card. That's what i had to do with my Dish receiver. The only issue is changing channels as that can only be done on the set-top box. I found this IR Blaster that connects via USB but they seem sold out, tried ebay too but only found one which was too much money. I hear Slingbox Pro comes with something like that. I have to get me one of those man.
Re: TV Tuner help needed
^ ya , thats what i ended up doing.... i had to keep the analog signal on tuner software .... the problem is that i only have one cable box, so my main tv doesn't get cable any more. In any case, i am happy i get tv in my room. thanks!
abt that slingbox, it comes for a decent price every now n then at buy.com... i checked my upload the other day, it was only 289Kbps, so i donno if its really worth it for home users with dsl or cable.
2 Likes
Re: TV Tuner help needed
Why don't u get another box? Its only $5/mth, i think u can swing it ;)
289 kbps is enuff. You don't need to see HD content on ur teeny phone screen, do ya?
Re: TV Tuner help needed
^ hahaha
289 bohut kum hai yar... torrents ka bhi khayal rakhna parta hai yar. if your bandwidth is good, may be i can host my slingbox at your place :) theek hai? if yes, plz list the channels you get and your shipping address
Re: TV Tuner help needed
Sab kaam bhi karnay hain aur service par paisay bhi naheen kharachnay? Tu theek hai ustaad. As for channels, i get about 800 of them, plus about 25 Sirius ones. Let me know when the box is coming. :p