Train Route & Other Questions

Lots of chakka’s going on–hence I thought to jump in:)


  1. ***There is no railway station in Islamabad because rail doesnt ply there and will not…due to the area being Federal Capital. Yes–they may get METRO after 50 years!. You have to take Lahore-Rawalpindin RAILCAR which plies 3 times a day from Lahore. Last one leaves at 8 PM. Ticket for 1st class AC is Rs.1800/-

  1. ***Journey takes 4 hours–but mostly and usually trains are late–hence could be 6 hours or more!

  1. ***Aray Bhaiee…hum koi gaoun mein nahin rehte..Pakistan mein bhi bohat kuch hai..kabhi jhaank ke dekho! You have taxis, coaches and what not from Rawalpindi Station to take you as far as Murree even…

  • ***No there are no chairlifts in Islamabad. Yes–there are near Islamabad at CHATTARBAGH on way to Murree from old road…but for pleasure rides only…

  • ***I haven’t seen people taking boat rides while boats are there…not many but they are there.

  • ***You may need a few hours to do shopping (at Raja Bazar near Liaqat Auditorium) while sight seeing (if any) may take a week or more…

  • ***PIR SOHAWA is a hilly tract where they have made tourist attraction by way of a restaurant MONAAL which ahs awesome food. Otherwise there’s nothing there except chilly weather close to the one in Murree.

  • SECURITY MEASURES rule Islamabad currently. There are 110 security hurdles within Islamabad. I felt like a thief when I drove there some weeks there!!:slight_smile: BTW–it is advisable to visit all the time!