Tonight i can write.....

for meri hayaa!!!

Tonight I can write the saddest lines.

Write, for example, `The night is starry
and the stars are blue and shiver in the distance.’

The night wind revolves in the sky and sings.

Tonight I can write the saddest lines.
I loved her, and sometimes she loved me too.

Through nights like this one I held her in my arms.
I kissed her again and again under the endless sky.

She loved me, sometimes I loved her too.
How could one not have loved her great still eyes.

Tonight I can write the saddest lines.
To think that I do not have her. To feel that I have lost her.

To hear the immense night, still more immense without her.
And the verse falls to the soul like dew to the pasture.

What does it matter that my love could not keep her.
The night is starry and she is not with me.

This is all. In the distance someone is singing. In the distance.
My soul is not satisfied that it has lost her.

My sight tries to find her as though to bring her closer.
My heart looks for her, and she is not with me.

The same night, whitening the same trees.
We, of that time, are no longer the same.

I no longer love her, that’s certain, but how I loved her.
My voice tried to find the wind to touch her hearing.

Another’s. She will be another’s. As she was before my kisses.
Her voice, her bright body. Her infinite eyes.

I no longer love her, that’s certain, but maybe I love her.
Love is so short, forgetting is so long.

Because through nights like this one I held her in my arms
my soul is not satisfied that it has lost her.

Though this be the last pain she makes me suffer
and these the last verses that I write for her.

http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/teary3.gif

http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/crying.gif

http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/crying.gif

http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/crying.gif

http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/crying.gif

http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/crying.gif

http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/crying.gif

http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/crying.gif


Na kesi ke aankh ka noor hooN
Na kesi k dil ka qaraar hooN

hmmm .. wisya where are u naik bittiya.


mairay dill mairay mussafir

So true.

http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/teary3.gif

p.s. thanks


In me, more than me..

*You loved me for a little,
who could not love me long.
You gave me wings of gladness
and lent my spirit song.

You loved me for an hour
but only with your eyes;
Your lips I could not capture
by storm or by surprise.

Your mouth that I remember
with rush of sudden pain
As one remembers starlight
or roses after rain...

Out of a world of laughter
suddenly I am sad...
Day and night it haunts me.
the kiss I never had.*

Hayaa, ju belcome

http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/teary3.gif

Akif chacha, i am here but i guess our timing
dont match. Why dont you drop me an email?

Ahmad jee, that is beautiful and i am sure i have read it somewhere but somehow i cudn’t recall who is it by?

the last line is just stuck in my mind–the kiss i never had…the kiss i never had

sniff