Re: The Not Moderate Muslim Thread
CM is pretty much repeating what a number of posters were saying in that thread anyway.
Given this, what is the need for giving definition to the term ‘moderate muslim’?
I still don’t know of anyone personally who attributes themselves with these labels. I have never head anyone say ‘I’m a moderate muslim’ or ‘I’m an extremist’. People simply believe themselves to a muslim (whether they commit minor or major sins is a different matter).
No one can say that someone else is not a muslim, regardless of their actions.
I find that people who feel the need for distinctive labels are those who are insecure in what they believe or who they are and want some kind of affirmation from others.
This is why non-muslims prefer to put us all in neat little boxes of ‘liberal’, ‘moderate’, ‘extremist’; it makes their lives easier.