When you say a group ‘tends to’ do X, that suggests if you picked out a random person from the group, their opinion would be ‘inclined to be’ X. there is an underlying statistical description there that I dont think you’re seeing.
But anyway, this isnt a discussion on statistics. Lets say a small minority of Pakistanies, abroad and in Pakistan, describe themselves as moderate Muslims.
And how exactly did you determine that? You are always a bit too optimistic I think.
No, just that Muslims are not unique if they desire to integrate with Western values. That this is driven by different factors (secular jewish alienation with customs vs suicide bombings) is a another matter.
The answer lies in my first reply to this thread. I care about the distinction made, the disassociation with a particular form of the ‘other’, the ones usually juxtaposed with moderate muslims. the ‘other’, whatever you want to call it, that attempted even in this thread to creep into the blanket ‘Muslim’ group that is a result of your battles with language. not any other definitional circular firing squads that inevitably exist in the main body, existing along infinite, personal dimensions, and betray more about one’s insecurities and need to screw with others, than any real principles.
Once again: My mentioning that there religious arguments for killing of civilians does not mean I regard those religious justifications as correct
There are innumerable fatawa that conflict with each other. What you pick is the correct version of the religion for you, but doesnt negate that others exist.