NaMaan
March 7, 2010, 6:39pm
8
Do you thinks its ok if a fiancee does it for her fiance? or vice versa?
In my opinion, only ur husband should get to see you, not even your husband-to-be.
True . But even exchanging pictures on phone is still not safe . We all know how easy it is to loose your phone . It literally take seconds to put that stuff online and viewable by millions of people .
I have found a better method that works with my teenaged brother.
I got his trust first, that he could share whatever it is in his life, with me, if he wants to. It is honest trust. Believe me, teenagers WANT to be able to get advice from people they respect, and obviously don’t want to be judged for what they are doing. After I got his trust, I pushed him to be honest with himself. I pushed him to see what he wanted to do with his eyes open, even if it was something he isn’t allowed to do. And then think about the consequences in terms of what family would say, and how it would affect him.
A lot of times, he has just done whatever he wanted to do without thinking about the consequences. But I helped him deal with it healthily. Once he is emotionally done dealing with the consequences, he looks at his actions, and I find him telling me all the things I told him in the past about why a certain thing is wrong. But this time around, he feels it and means it. He learns his lessons - because of the consequences he had to go through.
Good thing is, he hasn’t gotten himself caught in really bad situations. I think that is because he is a sensible kid and because of how my parents and older siblings stayed around him to make sure he doesn’t follow any unacceptable path.
Its a great way to control it . But still we are not all the same and not everyone has a nice sister like you . I think it is more about creating awareness among our kids and siblings , and they should know what is wrong and they shouldn’t indulge into .