Re: Taming the wild West (FATA): in American style
What do you mean by saying "Talibanization by PAKISTAN"? Pashtuns are themselves Pakistanis.
Who said that Pashtuns are not Pakistanis? When I wrote Pakistan, I was referring to the government of Pakistan, not Pakistani people.
I find it difficult to buy the idea that women were free in rural Pashtun areas, because most Taliban (Pashtuns) actually follow their traditions and culture instead of Islam, when it comes to women.
I don't think you are understanding my stance on the issue. I stated already that Pashtun society is conservative but the women still played a strong role in society. Most Taliban suffer from an identity crisis and try to reject Pashtun culture as un-islamic. They try to follow an extremist form of Islam which has removed women from society, put them in burqa's and forbidden them to leave their homes. You don't even know what Pashtun culture is, how would you know how Pashtun women lived and what rights they had?
- How is it better than democracy?
- What about democracies in other countries? Is it better than them too?
Who said anything about the tribal system being better than democracy? I said that is was better than the so called "democracy" of Pakistan.
It works in Peshawar then why not in FATA? Problem with democracy in FATA (and other parts of Pakistan is illiteracy.
Again, you show great knowledge of Pashtun culture by asking such a question. Peshawar's history is very different from that of the tribal areas, the social structure is also very different.