Re: successful women
Yay! I win! Like always! Just like Diwana ![]()
Re: successful women
Yay! I win! Like always! Just like Diwana ![]()
Re: successful women
donât worry..just PM Reha, RV,Deeba and some moreâŚthey can take care i am sureâŚ![]()
Re: successful women
There, there - I guess itâs the small things that make small people happy.
Re: successful women
A successful woman is one who pisses the guy off and makes him say the above very manly statement ![]()
I be the guppan that defined a successful woman different than you did.
I WIN!!! :shoaby:
Re: successful women
I so hate you. And are you imply a man can not have a sensitive and emotional side? How sexist of you. ![]()
Re: successful women
Your lack of sportsmanship here (in not congratulating me) reflects a lack of sensitivity.
Also, sexist shmexistâŚI WIN!!! :shoaby:
Re: successful women
![]()
Re: successful women
Pfft you win when I say you win. That is how it is stated by Allah. Google it if you wish. Women are such sexist pigs. sigh
Re: successful women
Shall we send a link of this thread to PCG and invite her comments as well?
Re: successful women
Notice how it requires 4 of you women to handle me? That! That is why men are allowed 4 wives ![]()
Re: successful women
I agree that successful, today, refers to a woman with a great career.
However, the same is true of men. When people call a man successful, the first thing one thinks of is a well-settled/rich man who is a known name in his career field.
Re: successful women
I donât pretend to handle you - just the odd blow to the ego and Iâm happy ![]()
Yes, it doesnât take much to amuse me :hinna:
Re: successful women
Darling, the âallowanceâ does not mean that you, oh powerful man, can actually handle 4 women. Isnât that also mentioned in the Quran? Donât get so carried away âŚmmmkay?
Re: successful women
There, there - I guess itâs the small things that make small people happy.
Yes I win!
Re: successful women
Touche! And well done! LOLâing right now.
Re: successful women
Sure it does. I can handle you all just fine ![]()
Re: successful women
Great sarcasm.
Yes. Fighting against nature is not success.
Yes. ![]()
Re: successful women
is a man successful without a career?
Re: successful women
is a woman successful without a âcared forâ family?
Re: successful women
I didnât read most of the thread but it seems like people are just discussing what a âsuccessfulâ woman is. It probably means different things to different people but most desis would probably say that taking care of the family is a part of it.
If you notice, the study that the OP referred to was talking about black women in the west. Thatâs a whole other issue: because of economic and cultural reasons a lot of black men are not as qualified as the black women the study referred to, so the pool of eligible mates is limited. Thatâs probably why a lot of them are single.
In general though, I think women can do both, itâs just that most try to do it backwards. Women are best suited to have kids in their 20s, so do the family thing while youâre young, then once your kids are old enough, you can focus on your career again. If I were a woman (no smart ass remarks please lol) thatâs how I would do it. Having kids in your mid to late thirties and then raising them until youâre almost 50 is way too much of a chore.
Also, I read an article in Time magazine or the NY Times, about a successful female executive who was trying a dating service for executives etc but was having trouble getting second dates with similarly successful men. The only men who seemed to pursue her were younger and not successful enough for her. She assumed what a lot of women do: that they were intimidated by her. Naturally people in the comments section had a lot to say about the story and one person nailed it perfectly, something this executive who deals with economics couldnât see: she didnât bring anything to the table that those men didnât already have. She had money and comfort, well so did they. They would prefer someone who had what they didnât, time to commit to a family and ensure the house runs smoothly. It makes sense then, that the men who pursued here were younger and less successful because she had what they didnât.
The point Iâm trying to make is that men probably arenât intimidated by successful women, itâs just that successful women are usually older and depending on their occupation their careers will demand a lot of time. There is probably a percentage of men who are intimidated and the extremely conservative types who donât want a woman working at all.
How do I define successful? For both men and women I think having a family is a part of it. If you both work and raise the kids, then both your careers are going to take a bit of a hit (but things are changing so you never know). I firmly believe that a relationship can only have one power career otherwise there will probably be issues. But thatâs just my opinion.