Sponsoring a child/children

Hey All,

I live in the UAE and I was wondering if there was a way I could sponsor Pakistani children by lending my financial support to an organization.
I have checked out various websites, and there aren’t many for Pakistani people living abroad. I know that there are many Indian organizations, but they do get a lot of support from elsewhere.

I’ve been longing to do this since I was 20 and now I’m 26. Alhamdulillah, I do earn good enough to lend my support to deserving children by providing them with clothing, good and shelter, but without actually adopting (I don’t think I can be a good single mom) It’s like having spiritual children.

Please, please, my well-versed and active guppies, do help me out here since I don’t have any other place to look.

And just because I’m a newbie (well, I only post when I have a query) does not mean that I should be ignored :snooty: . I seriously need your help for a noble cause. Instead of shopping and blowing my money, I’d rather do this and be satissfied.

Re: Sponsoring a child/children

too bad you are in UAE. I know couple in Toronto (Canada). They sponsor and you can get that confirmed that there is a kid and getting education / food etc by ur relatives / friends back home

cost about $25ish (CDN dollars)

Re: Sponsoring a child/children

Thanks PMS,

I need to find a reliable way to send money and get some kind of confirmation and update.

Keep the info coming guys.

Re: Sponsoring a child/children

http://www.pakistanlink.com/Opinion/2005/Feb05/11/05.htm

COMPASS is located at 74-FCC, Gulberg IV Lahore Telephone 5759485 or 5759949. It can also be reached via email at [email protected] for those that might be interested in helping with this noble effort

COMPASS currently has two options that Pakistani-Americans might take an interest in. They have a “Sponsor a Classroom” program which requires a contribution of Rs: 300,000 (approx. US $ 5200) or a “Sponsor a Child” program which requires a Rs. 180,000 (approx. US $ 3100). Yasser took me on a tour of this very professionally run facility and introduced a couple of very capable administrators and teachers. COMPASS treats the more severely handicapped. Kids with Autism, Downs Syndrome and Cerebral Palsy amongst other disabilities are indeed quite a challenge.

IEP’s (Individualized Educational Programs) for each student, a one to one student to teacher ratio, daily speech and physical therapy sessions and specialized art, music and sports activities were described in detail during the visit. I could not meet the Director of Compass, Shermeen Alam due to time constraints. But the tour was one that gave me enough incentive to share this wonderful place with readers both here in the United States and in Pakistan and to make my own little contribution. And if you (the reader) are ever in Lahore and would like to see this place before making a contribution, please call first. COMPASS is located very close to the famous FC College in this city of rich history and tradition

Re: Sponsoring a child/children

http://www.onlineorphans.com/

http://www.helpinghandonline.org/orphanSponsor.htm

Helping hand’s Orphan Sponsor Program’s aim to contribute towards alleviating child poverty in the world’s poorest communities. Helping hand is helping thousands of orphans around the world with the help of our partner charity organizations that takes care of each orphan’s needs in terms of health, education and social welfare. We are sponsoring orphans in following countries.

Pakistan

Bangladesh

India

Kenya

Indonesia

Sri Lanka

Sponsor an orphan or a needy child by donating $1 a day ($30/month or 360/year)

Re: Sponsoring a child/children

http://reliefonline.org/

Sponsor an orphan or a needy child by donating $1 a day ($30/month)

Re: Sponsoring a child/children

I do not know your preferences, but if you are not shackeled or bound by boundries, I would Suggest CRY. ultimately you have to decide, dont take my word do some resarch and then decide.

Aejaz

Re: Sponsoring a child/children

I don’t know any organisations in the UAE, but u can try Muslim Hands from the UK, i believe u can just use ur credit card online for ur payments every month. They have children from all over the world including Pakistan. Good luck.

http://www.muslimhands.org/Site/Pages/OurWork/SponsorshipSchemes/OrphanSponsorship/SelectOrphan

Re: Sponsoring a child/children

hi there VitalSigns

i know that you are based in the UAE, and I don't know how interested you would be to support a program that was based in Canada, but I can give you some information.

I am working with a chairty here in Canada called the North American Muslim Foundation (NAMF) and after the earthquake that hit Pakistan/Kashmir - our organization has set up a sponsorship program were you can sponsor an orphaned child for $1 a day ($30/month). this money would provide the child with food, shelter, education and regular checkups from a doctor. you will also recieve a picture of your sponsored child, along with information about the child. in the future, you may also be able to communicate with the child through letters.

if you have any questions please feel free to PM me, and i'll do my best to answer your questions.

for further information about the organization please visit www.namf.ca

Re: Sponsoring a child/children

oh, Thank you and Thank God for all this help.
I am not bound by any boundary. Living in UAE doesn't mean that I need to focus in this area. I don't care where the children are based as long as I can help them in some way.

The websites provided are great and I will look into all of them in detail. I might even PM anyone of you guys if I need any more info.

Thank you once again for all your help.

Love.

Re: Sponsoring a child/children

smilestar....i am currently sponsering a child through NAMF...how come it is taking a while to receive the child's info and pic????

Re: Sponsoring a child/children

^ we're just trying to get all our data together, matching up donors with orphans and it takes a little bit of time. plus it's tax time and we're printing out tax receipts and the whole bit...
but inshallah, within a couple of weeks we'll be sending out the info!
btw, where you at the dinner that we held back in December?

Re: Sponsoring a child/children

also try save the children fund at savethechildren.org
you can select pakistan as ur donation country. btw, ur so cute for doing this.

Re: Sponsoring a child/children

smilestar...no, i was not at the dinner in december...

Re: Sponsoring a child/children

^ okee dokee :)