Spoiling your kids?

I feel like I am reading a blog written by me at some point.
I know exactly how you feel…and even the next post that you wrote about their husbands and Allah janay what their life may be like…the fear simply paralyzes me.

Yet I don’t want her to believe that everything is easily available. I want her to know that it takes hard work to earn money and while she must not give importance to money she must always respect hard work. (This goes with the reward principle that you use.)

I have in the past used the “we cannot afford” reasoning but I’ve altered it to: “We cannot afford this right now” so that she can learn to save up for stuff. I’ve tried to use this to help her understand that everything money can buy is attainable…if you plan and work towards it.

I spoil her by making and feeding her breakfast, helping her get dressed, cleaning her room with her, etc, etc…but I have already made sure that she is capable of doing it for herself.

man…this thread is making me cry today… more later.