So what would happen if ...

You run out of the crapy numerics like “XXII and LXI”? Are there enough of them out there (and you know them as well) that it’s not gonna be a problem? Or eventually you’ll switch to good ‘ol, understandable "1234’?

'crappy numerics' and coming from grandfather calculus? I am a bit surprised.

If we do run out of them, of what use are you then? :-P

Hey, honestly I have no idea what this LXI stuff mean. I can only go up to, say, x. Even with that I get confused with xi and ix. I know one is a a six and other one is a nine but which one is what, have no clue.

I say you go simple start the regular numbers. At least it tells people which part is it now.

So what's LXI, BTW?

I guess the Roman numerals are irrelevant to the content of the threads, but they do help us in acknowledging that we are progressing positively .

IX = 9
XI = 11
L = 50
LXI = 61

hor kuch?

So when you say 61 instead of LXI, you are not progressing positively?

Roman numerals look more sophisticated than plain old numbers. Damn Romans.

See, that's all you had to say to convince me.

'Look' doesn't neccessarily mean 'are'. :-P

[This message has been edited by ~Sehar~ (edited April 29, 2002).]

You are quit right, Sehar. But if the superficiality of sophistication is the chosen norm of acceptance then I can myself live with looks alone.