Six held for US consulate blast

The good news seems to be coming in regularly the past couple of weeks. The recent arrests of various “jihadis” for airliner plot must have led to other leads and tips. Good news for Pakistan, bad news for enemies of Pakistan and humanity.

You all know that I don’t care much for Musharraf on majority of issues, but on this issue I support him 100%. I await the rebuttal posts of certain people telling us how jihadis are peace loving and its all a conspiracy by CIA/ISI/RAW/Mossad.

Saturday, August 19, 2006

Six held for US consulate blast

KARACHI: Pakistani intelligence agents have arrested six suspects for a suicide car bombing outside the US consulate in March in Karachi, which killed an American diplomat and four other people, officials said.

“I can confirm that six people have been arrested in connection with the US consulate suicide bombing,” said a senior security official. Officials said that investigators had also identified the suicide bomber as Mohammed Tahir. “Tahir used to work with Pakistani militant outfit Jaish-e-Mohammed and he was assigned the task by a person directly linked with Al Qaeda,” he added. Jaish-e-Mohammed has been banned by key US ally President Pervez Musharraf. Tahir rammed his car laden with explosives into a diplomatic vehicle outside the consulate on March 2. The attack came less than two days before US President George W Bush was to visit Pakistan. President Gen Pervez Musharraf and Prime Minister Shaukat Aziz have congratulated police and intelligence agencies for the arrests, said the Interior Ministry in a statement.

“The president said that the credit for this excellent work went to the combined efforts of law enforcement and intelligence agencies,” according to the statement. afp

Re: Six held for US consulate blast

I still remember Musharaf had clearly spoken in his interview to BBC that “Jaish-e-Mohammed is fighting for Kashmiri people they are freedom fighters” :confused: now what happened to Mushu ???. I think America ka danda zor se laga hai coz India ki to Mushu Maharaji ji kabhi sunte nahi :clown: well good news but from inside i dont think so he will be happy.

Re: Six held for US consulate blast

Another update:

**Arrests made in U.S. Consulate bombing By ZARAR KHAN, Associated Press **Writer
11 minutes ago

KARACHI, Pakistan - Police on Monday arrested two suspected al-Qaida-linked militants accused of orchestrating a suicide attack near the U.S. Consulate in Karachi that killed a U.S. diplomat and three Pakistanis, a senior police official said.

ADVERTISEMENT

Anwarul Haq, 30, and Usman Ghani, 28, were captured in a raid, said Jehangir Mirza, police chief for Sindh province, of which Karachi is the capital.

During interrogation, the suspects confessed to “preparing” a suicide bomber who on March 2 slammed his explosive-laden vehicle into the car of U.S. diplomat David Foy near the consulate, Mirza said.

“The terrorists we arrested today have links with al-Qaida,” he said, without offering evidence.

The attack, which wounded about 50 other people and was claimed by al-Qaida, came a day before President Bush made an official visit to Pakistan.

Over the weekend, a Pakistani security official said six men had been detained in connection with the bombing and that the suicide bomber name was Raja Tahir, a militant from the outlawed Pakistani group Jaish-e-Mohammed.

Mirza confirmed that Tahir was the bomber, but denied the arrests of six men last week. “We arrested two terrorists today, and police are looking for some of their associates,” he said.

Karachi has been the scene of several terrorist attacks targeting Westerners since President Gen. Pervez Musharraf made this Islamic nation a key ally of the United States in its war on terror after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.

A car bombing killed 14 people outside the U.S. Consulate in Karachi in June 2002.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060821/ap_on_re_as/pakistan_consulate_bombing