share your specs

just wondering what kind of machines ppl use for gaming. share you desktop specs

also what kind of rig would you like to design ?

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

i have an old DELL optiplex GX270 P4 2.8 with HT and 2 gigs of ram. Added an AGP gpu last week 512MB HIS ATI 3650 and I am planning to get a new rig until then have to survive on this old machine.

my new design is:
i5-750
Asus maximus farmula 3 *over clocks CPU,RAM,GPU
4 gigs of corsair dominator
128 gigs of solid state harddrive
2xcrossfire ATI 5770
3x24inch monitors in 3-eyefinity pivot mode

Re: share your specs

:vivo:

Re: share your specs

Dell 3.2 Ghz HT
1.5 RAM
512 MB Zotac (Gforce 800 chipset)

siiiiick!!!

ASUS P6T X58
i7 920
G.SKILL 6GB DDR3
GeForce GTX 275
WDCaviar Black 640GB 7200RPM 32MB
1x24inch ;(

Here’s what I have:
Gateway Intel Quad core 8200
8GB RAM DDR3
1 TB HDD
ATI 3450HD 1GB vRAM. (I think)
24" monitor.
Windows Vista Premium 64 bit

However, most of my gaming is done on consoles. I play around with some development on the PC though.

Re: share your specs

intel e5300 (2.6 ghz dual core)
2 gb ddr2 ram
xfx 9800 gt
1tb + 160 gb Seagate Hard drives
windows 7 ultimate
17 in monitor

Re: share your specs

I am saving for my new rig, specs i shared aalready but now i cannot decide on a motherboard, they all look the same. I changing to ASUS P55D-E ******* series which supports sata3 and USB3. This is series has about 7 motherboards and i cannot decide which one to pick they all have same specs but price ranges from 150-400 dollars.

Also i cannot decide on the power supply. Should I go modular or basic? should I go 650watt or 750 watt ?

Re: share your specs

go for more so u can crossfire, sli in the future
and cards these days easily take around 300w each

Re: share your specs

yeh, i might buy the 1000watt modular from corsair kyonk i m planning to crossfire 3 HD 5770s

Re: share your specs

lol dude 3 cards? crazy. 750-800w is enough for now but yeah 1000 is overkill but if u going to upgrade more in future then 1000 is :k:

Re: share your specs

man i m getting the good stuff so i can over clock them all…
cpu 750 can go upto 4Ghz
I m gonna overclock the memory to limit, getting dominators form corsair
and i m goin to overclock those GPUs as well

750 should be enough but just to be on the safe side i might get 1000 watt

i m not wasting any money on the case or cooling solutions

Re: share your specs

havent’ upgraded for a while, somehow didn’t need it coz i have gotten busy with my work. I have played like 4 games in the last 2 years. I was saving money for a while to upgrade and finally when i had enough money i didn’t upgrade coz i thought "why do i need a new pc, old one is working fine.

so here is mine.

Pentium D 3.0Ghz.
2 GB DDR2 Ram
620watt PSU
nVidia 8800GT 320MB graphics card.
LG DvD rom
sony DVD writer
17" LG Flatron CRT monitor
pixel view TV tuner
250GB sata + 640GB sata =890GB (2 drives)

now i realize i really need to upgrade the whole system except for Harddisks coz while playing ACII the game play stutters in the cut scenes.

Re: share your specs

damn… you guys got some serious hardware :frowning:

ever since my ps2 got screwed, I stopped playing… ps3 is too expensive for me

but I managed to get a light-yet-powerful Dell XPS M1330

13"
3GB ram
256 v-ram :frowning:
Core 2 Duo 2.00GHz
currently running on vista

I think if I had 512 v-ram and a better windows(which I’ll get soon inshAllah), then the performance of my pc would have been more satisfactory

I can play ps3 games right now, but I’ve to minimize the graphics and even then frame rate is in 30s and 40s or maybe less… which is too slow compared to consoles ya? is it how pcs are suppose to be? I’m relatively new to pc gaming

games I’ve played on my pc so far…

Devil May Cry 3
Devil May Cry 4
The Path(ONE HELLUVA EMO GAME <3 )
Dragon Age Dark Origins

and now I don’t really know what to play next… and I haven’t played anything in a while… but I got “The Longest Journey” waiting for me on my hard drive…

Re: share your specs

Intel® Core™ i7-620M Dual Core 2.66GHz 4MB
Memory 4.0GB, DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM, 2 DIMMS
Graphics Card 1.0GB NVIDIA® Quadro® FX 2800M Graphics
LCD Display 17" Wide Screen WXGA+ LCD Panel w/ microphone
Hard Drive Configuration All Hard Drives, Non-RAID, 1 or 2 drive total configuration

Starting June 20th! :smiley:

Compatible Softwares:

Softimage XSI 2010
Visual Studio.NET 2010
Zbrush3.5 r3

Photoshop CS4

Which I am going to be using on them <.<