why is it that the faith of the momineen starts and ends with Heera Mandi somehow? no matter where you go… the Heera Mandi reference somehow comes out… why?
even though I have no reason to defend my views, I will lay them out for you… more than being a PPP supporter, I’m a supporter of all reasonable political parties (JI and MQM are not real political parties, imo). however, yes I do lean left and therefore have a soft spot for the PPP. but I was firmly against the PPP when it wouldn’t restore Justice Iftikhar Ch. and Justice Ramday.
this might blow a brain circuit or two… but I don’t support or oppose anyone blindly. the question is one of principles. if the PPP does something principled and productive, I’m fully behind them. but if they screw up, I’ll criticize them like I did when they made a “peace” deal with the butchers of Swat or when they wouldn’t restore the judiciary.
however, one thing I will not do is criticize a democratic govt for failing in all of two years especially when military dictators get decades in one go to rule… and not even a mouse squeaks.