when I Read this line I felt that the girl whom he is nikahfied too is no less than a tissue paper !!!
We don’t get married and divorced just on mere assumptions. There is someone’s life involved , someone’s future at stake …he was idiot enough to say YES in a nikah and took a girl in a nikah without even thinking that if he wants to actually spend the rest of his life with that girl or not.
We have to take responsibility of our actions , he did nikah now he should take responsibility of it. 4 years is a long time … I don’t know what is the state of his mind or his mental abilities but definitely it was a long enough time to even bond with an animal. Personally I don’t feel he is a balanced individual. She is not a toy she is a living and breathing individual and yes I’d say if he divorce her she should better take 4 years maintenance from him plus alimony and if they are foriegn citizens she should take whatever is available to her by the law of that country. This dude should not be spared. He will think a 100 times before he will do nikah again.