Re: Proper Manners of Eating
Actually I think the fact that the people didn;t eat from their hands out of any sunnah or love for the Prophet :saw: its just the way they have been eating for centuries. Even kattar hindus eat with their hands and I highly doubt that has anything to do with sunnah. A banglaadeshi eats with his hands too but its not even close to the prescribed method. most bangladeshis shopkeeprs eating their food during lunch break would make you want to look the other way. Plus there was no class distinction I was just telling who’s wedding I attended.
What many people don’t realise is that just eating with hands alone is not enough, their is a manner in which food is to be eaten by hands so that you don’t disgust those around you. If you entire fingers are covered with food and u are licking your fingers after every other morsel or yet wiping them with the corner of your dupatta I doubt any sunnah is being followed and any ajr earned.