Pervez Elahi Audiotape Emerges

An audiotape emerged where Pervez Elahi is issuing instructions to dismiss Nawaz Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif’s candidacy from the by elections. Nawaz has called it a conspiracy on the orders of Musharraf.

Re: Pervez Elahi Audiotape Emerges

Wrong being wrong and not defending any wrong doer, one point which comes to mind is that in the age of Hums Sab Umeed Se and 4 Man Show where teenagers and various young performers comically imitate various leaders every week on satellite channels how can the authenticity of such 'tapes' ever establish?

Re: Pervez Elahi Audiotape Emerges

Haris, we all know that Elahi is still in talks with the presidency to hatch conspiracies and make the new govt fail, with that said, Musharraf's men are notorious for doing things. Let me give some examples

Wasi Zafar
Attn General Malik Qayum (who on two occasions has been caught, and when he was taking orders from Saifur Rehman to implicate Zardari, he resigned, now why did he resign if it was fake? The second time around he was just offering his advice on tape, which had no major consequences though it reeked of crookedness.

I could agree with you but Elahi's amazing personality clearly goes against his innocence in such a thing.

Speculation, my lord. :)

Re: Pervez Elahi Audiotape Emerges

Aalsi, are you saying Pervez Elahi's assertion taht this was doctored by the cast in 4man show is a speculation? Uncle Mush will be very very mad at you for this!

We seem to know a whole lot about conspiracies and super genius evil plots that only lie in the villains heads. What kind of amazing machine are you using. Is it the paindo-fi 3000? Or the atension-hore 3300 xl?

Re: Pervez Elahi Audiotape Emerges

Elahi should run from Lalokhet on an MQM ticket next time, he might actually win.

Re: Pervez Elahi Audiotape Emerges

By our correspondent

LAHORE: The Pakistan Muslim League (PML-N) released on Monday an audio tape containing a conversation purportedly between PML-Q leader Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi and an unidentified person making references to two senior most members of the judiciary for rejection of the nomination papers of PML-N leaders Nawaz Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif.

The recording was released by PML-N Information Secretary Ahsan Iqbal at a press conference at the PML-N’s Model Town secretariat. He said they had received the recording from an unidentified person, who had dropped it in the PML-N secretariat.

He said the president and his PML-Q cronies had been making efforts so that the Sharif brothers could not run in the by-elections. He said the returning officers had approved the nomination papers of Nawaz and Shahbaz, much to the consternation of the presidential camp, which was desperate in getting their papers rejected by the superior courts.

About the audio recording, Ahsan alleged one of the voices was quite clear and that was of Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi. He said the recording reflected that President Musharraf and his PML-Q cronies were conspiring to derail democracy.

The recording is as under:

Operator: Hello, I am getting you connected with Chaudhry Sahib.

Pervaiz Elahi: Nobody’s on the line.

Operator: Please hold on.

(Connected)

Elahi: Assalam-o-Alaikum, how are you?

Caller: It seems you are very busy today.

Elahi: No, no, how are you? Is it okay?

Caller: Thank you, sir; much positive has been achieved in compliance with your orders.

Elahi: Which one?

Caller: You asked for the rejection of their applications (nomination papers). Sir, the chief of Lahore was called last night.

Elahi: Oh, yes, but buddy, the rejection could not be achieved.

Caller: Sir, it’s done. It was finalised last night.

Elahi: (pleased) Oh.

Caller: The chief of Lahore was called and given the material. He said that the two people and the material be sent to the high court. Much offended, he (the third person) said why he (the chief of Lahore) let the papers be accepted when they (Sharif brothers) are facing so serious charges. Then the chief of Lahore said that the two people might be sent to him at the high court. He said he would constitute a tribunal to see the nomination papers rejected.

Elahi: Oh, I see.

Caller: No, it’s up to you.

Elahi: Okay, we are already on it. One Akhlaque Guddu is at our behest. We are moving the high court.

Caller: I am again telling you, sir, the matter has been finalised. What I am telling you is confirmed.

Elahi: Will the papers of both including Shahbaz Sharif be rejected?

Caller: Yes sir, of both. The Lahore chief was in Islamabad last night. He was a bit reluctant, but he was told by a senior most member of the judiciary (the tape recording names the senior member of the judiciary) that the rejection should be done at any expense. He (Lahore chief) demanded that the persons be sent to him and he would constitute a tribunal to reject the cases.

Caller: When are you coming to Islamabad?

Elahi: After a few days.

Caller: Should I tell him/them that our people would move the high court.

Elahi: Yes, of course.

Caller: Can I meet you in Lahore? I will also manage your telephonic conversation with the senior most member of the judiciary.

Elahi: Yes, why not, you are welcome any time.

Caller: Just send your people (to the LHC) and the job would be done, for surely.

Elahi: I will.

Caller: Any other order.

Elahi: Thank you.

Responding to a query whether they have received the copy of the proposed constitutional package, Ahsan Iqbal said he had met Law Minister Farooq A Naek, at a reception the other night, who told him that the package was being given final touches and its copies would be given to the coalition partners in a couple of days.

He said the PML-N had not yet decided if Nawaz Sharif would appear before the PCO judges in connection with his candidature case.

Ahsan accused President Pervez Musharraf of conspiring against the coalition government with the help of the PML-Q while sitting in the Army House.

On the issue of PML-N’s three ministers, who attended a dinner at Governor house during a reception to the prime minister, he said the ministers had attended the dinner of the prime minister, not of the governor.

He said the PML-N still had reservations about Governor Salmaan Taseer and they had not yet reconciled with him. He said had the PPP nominated Jahangir Badr as Punjab governor, he himself would have garlanded him.

Re: Pervez Elahi Audiotape Emerges

Like the Supporters of PML-Q (Mush's Party) is saying that this recorded is not true and etc etc..

Y not Pervaiz Elahi, press charges against Ehsan Iqbal and PML(N) as this is not a small allegationa and as far as i remember no one ever did accused any govt. for this kind of stuff.

So if PML(N) has created this thing. Then this is the best time to hit them, otherwise we the people of Pakistan ( and not member of Mush's party) do believe the recordind is true and Pervaiz Ellahi and others were involved in the conspiracy.

Re: Pervez Elahi Audiotape Emerges

Great Zardari blasts conspiracy by Elahi

http://www.nation.com.pk/pakistan-news-newspaper-daily-english-online/Politics/27-May-2008/Zardari-blasts-conspiracy

ISLAMABAD (APP) - Co-Chairman of Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) Asif Ali Zardari has condemned the incident in which the Opposition Leader in the National Assembly Ch Pervaiz Elahi was found pressurising a judge to reject the nomination papers of former Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif and former Chief Minister Shahbaz Sharif.
In a statement released Monday Zardari termed the rejection of the papers of PML-N leaders was undemocratic and distasteful. The actions of PML-Q led government in the past had always been dubious and it was known for use of negative tactics to cling to power he said and added that People of Pakistan had given a clear verdict in the elections 2008 but some people had refused to learn from that.
He stressed that such behind the scene manoeuvrings should be discouraged by all political forces and the journey towards a better and prosperous Pakistan should start with a broad national reconciliation.
“Democracy means providing an opportunity to the people to choose who they want to see in their government, It’s not about limiting their choices by putting unfair hurdles on the way of popular political leadership,” he added.
Staff Reporter from Islamabad adds: Zardari has said that Pakistan would be a stronger and more stable democracy only when the present government would be able to resolve all constitutional and legal issues through democratic consensus.
Zardari said this while talking to two separate US Congressional delegations, which called on him here Monday, according to a press release issued here.
The both sides discussed bilateral relations with focus on the issues of common interest.
Zardari briefed the visiting delegations on various steps that PPP had taken so far to strengthen the process of national reconciliation. He said that PPP gave importance to Pak-US relations and wanted to improve them further for the benefit of the people of Pakistan.
The first Congressional delegation was led by Rep Adam Schiff, Member of House Permanent Committee on Intelligence, Judiciary and Democracy Assistance, and included Rep Allyson Schwartz, who is Member of Democracy Assistance Committee of the US Congress. While the second delegation was led by Senator Russ Fiengold of Foreign Relation Committee and Special Committee on Intelligence and was accompanied by the US Ambassador to Pakistan Anne W Patterson.
The visiting delegations were optimistic that under a democratic government in Pakistan the Pak-US relations would strengthen further. They appreciated PPP’s strong stance and position on global terrorism. The visitors also offered condolences on Benazir Bhutto’s assassination and recognised her efforts for the restoration of democracy in Pakistan.
Zardari was assisted in the talks by Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Federal Minister for Defence Ahmad Mukhtar, Ambassador designate to US Hussain Haqqani, and Advisor to PM on National Security Lt Gen (Retd) Mehmood Ali Durrani.

Re: Pervez Elahi Audiotape Emerges

More comedy!

http://dawn.com/2008/05/28/top6.htm
**PML-Q’s tit for tat: Phone bugging

**By Amjad Mahmood

LAHORE, May 27: A day after the PML-N released an alleged phone tape implicating PML-Q leaders in a plot against the Sharif brothers’ candidature in the coming by-elections, the former ruling party has made public the recording of a couple of threatening phone calls allegedly made to a candidate contesting against former chief minister Shahbaz Sharif.

Naeem Shahzad, an independent candidate for a provincial assembly seat in Lahore, said at a press conference that he had recorded the calls made to his cellphone on Monday, but he had been harassed for several days. He was accompanied by Punjab PML-Q secretary-general Chaudhry Zaheer and former law minister Basharat Raja.

A recording of the calls was also played on the occasion.

Sources said Mr Shahzad had not approached police to seek protection or taken legal action on the matter, but had sought the help of some rivals of the Sharif brothers.

The tape released by the PML-N on Monday allegedly contained a conversation between PML-Q leader Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi and an unidentified man about a plan involving PCO judges for rejection of nomination papers of former prime minister Nawaz Sharif and Shahbaz Sharif. Chaudhry Zaheer termed it a ‘drama’ aimed at bringing the judiciary under pressure at a time when it was hearing objections to the Sharif brothers’ nomination papers. He cited the example of the Mehran Bank tape scandal of the 1990s, saying that it was also used for character assassination of political rivals.

Raja Basharat said fabrication of such a tape was not difficult with latest gadgets and editing of conversations of different occasions.

He alleged that PML-Q’s candidates for various seats in Bhakkar, Rawalpindi and Lahore were being harassed and forced to withdraw their nominations.

He said the Sharif brothers were claiming to be part of the electoral process, while on the other hand they were refusing to appear before election tribunals and saying that civil society would represent them.

In reply to a question, he said withdrawal of objections by a candidate didn’t mean that the respondent couldn’t be disqualified.

He claimed that if the papers of a candidate for one constituency were rejected, he would stand disqualified for all constituencies.

He alleged that PML-Q candidate Ikhlaq Ahmed Guddoo had withdrawn from the contest against the PML-N chief under pressure.