true… but he will still have to string together some consistently good performances. he might have gotten a bit of rough deal in terms of being in and out a lot but I still do not believe that he is the second coming of Bradman like some fans seem to.
isn’t it sad though… man, as anyone who’s watched this team in the 90s (as I’m sure you have) to see this is what we’ve been reduced to. when Wasim, Waqar, etc fought for captaincy, at least it made sense in a perverse sort of way. they were legends before their careers were even close to being over. but it is so annoying to watch these mediocre little clowns fight over captaincy like it’s their birth right to lord over the team. if someone had told me that one day Afridi would be a serious candidate to become captain, I would have given up on cricket that very day to avoid further strengthening this addiction.
these players behave like Pak cricket owes them. now that they’re banned and realize that they won’t even make minimum wage doing anything else, they’re distraught, in tears and talking about retirement, etc. yeah tough luck… should have thought of that before.
and I hope that this Umar Akmal is given a very serious talk. if he is such a sneaky little retard this early in his career, Lord knows what he will do further on his career - if he even makes it that far.