~ozzy osbourne~](BBC NEWS | Entertainment | Osbourne 'stable' after accident)
- Rock star Ozzy Osbourne *pictured below is comfortable in hospital after being injured in a quad bike accident, doctors have said.
The singer spent the night in intensive care, according to Dr Dick Jack from Wexham Park Hospital in Slough, Berkshire.
The 55-year-old star had emergency surgery after breaking his collarbone, six ribs and a vertebra in his neck.
[thumb=E]ozzy18114_3862461.JPG[/thumb]
Paramedics were called to his estate in Chalfont St Peter, Buckinghamshire at 1420 GMT on Monday.
The hospital’s medical director Dr Dick Jack said: "When he was admitted, he had a fractured left collarbone, he had some damage to the blood vessel that is underneath it, he had eight fractured ribs on the left side and, in addition to that, an entirely stable fracture to one of the vertebrae in his neck.
“This is not a major problem.”
Dr Jack added that Osbourne was “resting”, with doctors due to reassess his situation on Tuesday morning.
A statement issued by his US publicists suggested the injuries - sustained during a break in a promotional tour - were not life-threatening.
It said: "Ozzy is currently undergoing emergency surgery to lift the collarbone which is believed to be resting on a major artery interrupting blood flow to his arm.
Family duet
“Surgeons are also working to alleviate some bleeding into his lungs. These injuries are not considered to be life-threatening.”
A spokesman for Two Shires ambulance service said a man had been taken to Wexham Park Hospital in Slough at 1510 GMT.
Osbourne was given treatment at the scene, before being taken to hospital, the spokesman said.
He had been taking a break from a British promotional tour for a duet with his daughter Kelly.
The former Black Sabbath lead singer has enjoyed renewed celebrity in Britain and the US because of the MTV reality show based around his family life in Los Angeles. *