Re: oooooooo I am so excited
Exciting day. To see Aitezaz, Munir Malik, Sharif ud Din Peerzada, former justices and other people so up close was a great experience. I got there with my friend at 9:10AM. The court starts at 9:30. After going back and forth (its built like a maze) a little we were led to room # 1 by a former justice of the Peshawar High Court. The room is on 1st floor and to enter the room u first go through a door which leads to a narrow hallway. On the right there r two door-less entrances to another small area, after which there is the entrance to the court room. There r two entrances. Its a unique architecture. I am told a Japanese firm designed the SC building. :hmmm:
The court room itself is an imposing structure. about 50-60 feet high walls or more. :hmmm:
Proceedings started at 9:32-34. The justices entered the court in a single file…the judges with seats on the farthest ends entering first and Justice Ramday entering last. as soon as judges sat down, Aitezaz started talking. No non sense approach. I like. Anyway, the arguments themselves were elaborate, Aitezaz refering to several precedents and specific .judgments, which kinda put me in the sleep mode for a while. I didn’t blink though for fear of contempt. ![]()
Juustice Ramday was the most talkative of the judges. the next two in seniority, and sitting next to justice ramday were also the next most talkative.
him: http://www.supremecourt.gov.pk//profile-hj(6).htm
and him: http://www.supremecourt.gov.pk//profile-hj(7).htm
the proceedings of the court them self will appear in many papers so no need going into that. Justice ramday did however observe that something will be done about this lack of protection to the judges in case of their removal etc. he is a judge with a great sense of humor. The large court meant that there was a lot of echo and probably the judges and the lawyers court hear each other fine but one had to really pay attention to make out some of the words…especially in case of justice ramday who is one of those judges who likes to relax and sit back into his chair, away from the mic.
Over all an awesome and very exciting experience. i urge everyone to visit the Supreme court and see the justice being dispensed urself. Its open to public and u can walk in anytime. I am going to go back when Fakhr ud din Ebrahim starts his arguments.
In other news, I saw a Dawn News guy wandering abt in the cafeteria and struck a convo with him. They r launching their news channel sometime tonight, PST. U heard it here first :chai: