Actually they dont expect things to come easy to them. They know that mom and dad have complete authority to say no and Mrs often say no to them about things and it never happened that after getting no from mom, they came to me asking for the same cause they think I would agree. They never took advantage of such situation. Over all I think my kids are pretty well behaved kids (well, dont all parents think like such for their kids :D)
I think the issue is my own mind set MO3. I did not have a very affluent childhood and unlike many of my classmates and friends, I did not enjoy many things that others did. Because of my experience, I delveloped two thought procesees.
-
Never tell my kids that we cant afford certain things. If we really cant buy it then I tell them that do dua that Allah gives daddy more money and inshallan then we will buy it.
-
There are things that a person (or a kid) can only enjoy at certain age and once that age is gone, that thing is usless for them.
With these 2 thoughths combined, everytime and anytime I can fullfil their wish, I go ahead and do that.
I just dont want them to feel the way I felt when I was a kid and did not have all the toys that my friends had.