OK, I had mentioned in another thread over here about my strange chili pepper plant. So here I am posting it’s pictures for you all to see. I still do not know what kind of a chili it actually is, I just bought the plant as it looked strange to me - And since I am a collector of strange plants, I planted in my home!
The chili usually grows to about an inch in length. Color of the flower and the young chili is always purple, but when it matures (in about a week to 10 days) - It becomes a blazing red bomb! It also turns a greenish-brown between transition, but that state only lasts for a day. So it’s mostly purple, which quickly jumps to red.
Only the new leaves of the plant are green. But as they too get bigger, they also turn purple. This plant is no bigger then 2 and a half feet, and so can easily grow in a medium size pot. But if potted, it required more water (otherwise the leaves start to curl up).
Taste wise it is very hot, very very hot… Just one (cut up very finely) spread evenly over a giant 12 inch pizza is enough to make your eyes water for hours!!! But the taste is so amazing that almost everyone who eats my pizza, always remembers it with fondness. This chili surprisingly is also very effective when someone is trying to combat the common cold (it really has a mysterious way of clearing the nose and throat in a few minutes)!
One thing that you have to be VERY careful about is that when using it for food, always wear cloves. Because if the inside juices ever get on your fingers, then you will (even if you had washed your hands with soap a few times) get a very nasty surprise when you rub your eyes accidentally…







