Maxtor External Hard Drive not working

Hey

I have a Maxtor Drive, I had reformat my laptop so transferred everything onto my brothers Maxtor Hard drive, come to transferring the data back and the Drive light is Green and there is a strange noise almost like Kit from nightrider but no drive is appearing on the laptop or even my desktop

I can’t afford to pay £300 to get professional help to get the data off there but then I have personal photos that I can’t bear to lose

Can anyone help

I have tried Drive view to check if there is a connection to the Hard Drive and there isn’t

Re: Maxtor External Hard Drive not working

Do a google search for data retrieval from bad drive and you will find hungry techies willing to do that for 20 to 30 dollars. I recently did that research for one of my friends , they did not want to spend even that kind of money to get their precious data back. :smack: