Lying British Jihadi

So Jihadi’s are pouring in from Britania. two of 'em of pakistani origin(even though the article fails to mention that). Whats going on in Britania that can’t keep its sons occupied?
Sorry guys but you will have to subscribe to read this on-line. It’s under Iraq.
http://www.times.co.uk
And Finally Britons in Iraqi jails accused offighting with rebels
By Richard Beeston, Diplomatic Editor

TWO Britons have been detained inIraq on suspicion of joining theinsurgency against American andBritish forces. The Foreign and Commonwealth Officeconfirmed yesterday that the twoBritish citizens — and possibly a thirdwhose identity is still being checked —had been captured last year and werebeing held as suspects under militarydetention. The first was arrested by British troopsin November in southern Iraq and isbeing held at the Shaibah military campnear Basra on the ground that he poses“an imperative threat to security”. The second suspect was seized by USMarines last month and is being held atAbu Ghraib prison outside Baghdad.The men are part of a growing numberof more than 300 foreigners capturedin Iraq and suspected of volunteering tofight for the insurgency. Most comefrom Arab countries such as SaudiArabia, Syria and Yemen but Muslimsfrom Britain, France and other Westerncountries have also been caught up theconflict. Foreign fighters, in some casesworking for Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, theJordanian terrorist mastermind, haveoften been used for the daily suicideattacks in Iraq. The Foreign Office refused to releasethe Britons’ names or where theycame from, saying that their familiesdid not want their identities revealed.Both are believed to be British Muslimsof Asian origin. The detainee held by the Americans isthought to be 25 years old, born inPakistan but with a British passport. HisAmerican captors said that he spokewith a British accent. He was arrested on December 7 in therebel stronghold of Ramadi by a patrolof US Marines who allegedly surpriseda group of insurgents passingKalashnikov rifles over a wall betweentwo houses. A brief gunfight is said to have brokenout and the Americans then arrestedseveral suspects, including the youngBriton. He told his captors that he wasa peace worker and had come to Iraqto help the civilian population. Hedenied that he was involved in theviolence directed at American forcesand the US-backed Government inBaghdad. Although he was unarmed whencaptured, the Americans said that atest on his hands revealed traces ofexplosives. When questioned about this, heallegedly explained that he had found apile of weapons on his bed where hewas staying. He had moved them inorder to get to sleep and his hands hadprobably been contaminated withresidue. He was held for several daysat the base in Ramadi, where acorrespondent for The Economist reported that US troops were glad tofind a prisoner who spoke English sothat they could taunt him. The Americans did not believe his alibiand he was sent to Abu Ghraib, wherelast year US forces were accused oftorturing Iraqi prisoners. The BritishEmbassy in Baghdad has been in touchwith the US military authorities over thecase and a consular official is expectedto visit the prisoner “very shortly”. Lieutenant-Colonel Barry Johnson, theUS deputy responsible for detainees inIraq, said yesterday that the Briton’scase would be reviewed within 90 dayswhen he would either be released orkept in custody if he continued to posea security risk. “He will be givenexactly the same procedure as otherdetainees, whether Iraqi citi-zens orthird-country nationals,” ColonelJohnson said. A spokesman for the Ministry ofDefence in London refused to give anydetails about the British suspect beingheld in southern Iraq, other than toconfirm that he was detained inNovember.