I think title says it all, but to add to that, we all come across people who will either burst out in anger and spill it all out and then back to where they were. If they were your friends, they will remain your friends without ever mentioning that negative moment.
**I know a couple of people like that. They have angry outbursts in public…scream/yell at you…and then go back to chatting with you as if nothing ever happened. No apology either. No lesson learned. I tolerated for a while…and then either maintained a distance or dropped them as a friend altogether. It can bring quite some peace.
**
Then there are those who keep throwing sly remarks at you, sarcasm on demand. They may appear to be your friends but you feel that your heart is not there. Every time they talk to you, you feel that value has been taken out of the relationship. I hope you know what I am saying.
**I think there’s a difference between snide sarcasm and facetious sarcasm. The latter can add humor to the relationship and sometimes alleviate tension. The former is cutting and if done frequently can destroy the relationship. In fact, even facetiousness…can hurt especially when the issue demands seriousness. Anything in excess an be damaging. Yes, I know people of the example that you’re talking about. Thankfully, not many though.
**
I rather be with people who are short tempered but ready to forget/forgive and move on. I just cannot stand sarcasm and undertoned insults.
What u say?
Hmm, short tempered is not good either, IMO. You might feel like you have to walk on eggshells with such people. And if the person is short-tempered to the point that they will go off on you without regard to the situation (public place, formal event, etc)…that can really mess things up. The ability to move on is a good quality. I know I can struggle with that at times. But moving on without apologizing for a serious outburst…that’s not right either. Yes, I agree under-toned insults can be enraging. I’ll also admit that I’ve been on the giving side of them…though I try not to do it often. They infuriate us more because the person is being sneaky. At least with a direct confrontation/outburst…you can see the person’s intentions, frustrations, and even true colors better. But with snide remarks…it’s the underhandedness that is aggravating.