Long Term: 2011 Mini Countryman: December 2011

Filed under: Crossover, Mini, Long-Term Garage
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.autoblog.com/media/2011/12/countryman628.jpg

As much as I detest the winter months here in Detroit, the truth is, I’m kind of bummed that we’ve only seen about a half-inch of snow so far this season. In fact, I was happy that our most recent snowfall actually started to stick to the parking lot across the street from my loft, simply so I could capture this photo of our long-term Mini Countryman with some powder on the ground. Two hours after I took this picture, it had all melted. Sigh.

So why, if I hate winter so much, do I wish there was snow outside my door? I’m extremely eager to see how our Countryman - now riding on winter tires - will fare in the slushy, wintry sludge. A proper set of snow shoes, relatively short wheelbase, decent ground clearance and all-wheel drive are a perfect combination for winter prowess, and darnit, I want to go play.

Still, in the three weeks that the Countryman has been under my watch here in Detroit, I’ve learned a lot about the big Mini since my first stint behind the wheel way back in August 2010.Continue reading 2011 Mini Countryman: December 2011
2011 Mini Countryman: December 2011 originally appeared on Autoblog on Fri, 30 Dec 2011 15:12:00 EST. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
Permalink | Email this | Commentshttp://feedads.g.doubleclick.net/~at/KkBeC73dfhQpRxUojOLVWxou6H0/0/di
http://feedads.g.doubleclick.net/~at/KkBeC73dfhQpRxUojOLVWxou6H0/1/di
http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/weblogsinc/autoblog?i=Lr4-yCjzcN4:TvM-wvAE76o:wF9xT3WuBAs http://feeds.feedburner.com/~ff/weblogsinc/autoblog?i=Lr4-yCjzcN4:TvM-wvAE76o:V_sGLiPBpWU

http://feeds.feedburner.com/~r/weblogsinc/autoblog/~4/Lr4-yCjzcN4