Where do i begin, i can bet that if any of u see my facial hair when i dont thread or pluck it out, u will b horrified, Becos I spend hours every day removing it u wudnt know that i had a problem with facial hair. I am at my whits end now with this hair. I was diagnosed with PCOS last year.
I have always had alot of hair on my face, but it wasnt thick hair it was all very fine hair. But all of a sudden when i was like 18 my hair around my lower face chin neck became very coarse, dark and jus unsightly. My mum suggested i go 4 laser, i got around 20 sessions in total after which i gave up as things were not improving. At this point i knew i had a hormonal problem but the dr’s were not really prepared to put me on any meds 2 correc the imbalance.
I felt awful for wasting my mum’s money on 20 very expensive laser sessions, which also left me with pigmentation but that was due to the fact that i never worse sunscreen even the beautician told me 2 do so.
Fast forward a few years my facial hair is worst than it has ever been and i spend hours a day removing the hair, crying everytime I do. Im on medication now which has helped to regulate my periods etc and other features of PCOS, but the hair is such a nightmare. It realy affects ure confidence. Im so desperate that i am willing 2 give laser another go but scared at the same time.
I know electrolysis has been suggested but I have soo much hair it wud take forever to get it dun and where i stay there are no places that offer electrolysis
It really is an awful curse on a woman to have thiss
Tweety, how old are you now?
Btw, even men get electrolysis done to remove their facial hair…If they can be committed to doing that than you can too. An improved self-confidence can change a whole lot, obviously…I hope you can do something about getting electrolysis.