Laptop

don't take it personally ... im enjoying your argument

nah nothing ... you removed it

[QUOTE]

Duh, it's not about how often I need to install a new Software. But when I need to install one which is handed to me on a CD or DVD, I won't be able to say, sorry sir, my laptop doesn't have an optical drive, you'll have to hand it to me on a flash drive.
[/QUOTE]

yeah its about how much do you utilize something ... if someone give you a floppy disk to update your bois what will you say .. sorry sir, my laptop doesn't have floppy drive? can you burn a bootable CD ..

[QUOTE]
I have Windows on my Multimedia computer and on my Gaming Laptop. We use Mac in our office and I own a Macbook Pro, plus I have an Aspire One Netbook that I run Mac OS on. I use more Mac OS than Windows, so don't assume stuff here.
[/QUOTE]

hmmm ... in that case ...

in home

i have two multimedia computer on with win 7 and Other with hackintosh ... one toshiba laptop with win 7 ... and just bought Mac pro dual Xeon

in office

i have HP z800 workstation + another PC for internet browsing only ..

[QUOTE]
Once again, you'll need an Ethernet port at places. Dial up being the only option to get online at places was just an example. At some other places, such as Hotels in Asia (Korea and Japan) you don't get a wireless connection in Hotels, however wired connections are offered. And you with your Macbook Air will be sitting there, wondering how you will get online. Or maybe you just bought an USB to Ethernet adapter, but then you will be wondering how you should save your work on your USB Flash drive without getting DC-d because you only have one USB port.
[/QUOTE]

lol .. similarly in some hotel there won't be a Ethernet port .. only a phone line ... or some wont have anything so get a GPS internet connection ;)

[QUOTE]
His Macbook Air will still not have a USB 3.0 connection though
[/QUOTE]
.

as if he bought it already .. hehe .. i mentioned usb 3.0 for the sake of speed comparision

[QUOTE]
It's not about ONE program but about multitasking. How many programs can you run before your Macbook Air starts lagging? If you want to do simple office work with Excel or Word, you won't need a Macbook to begin with, you can get any other CHEAPER laptop that you can do the same stuff with. But If it's about more than just Excel and Word, REAL work, you'll need more than just 2 GB of RAM.

[/QUOTE]

come on one 3d programs is heavier then multi-tasking .. i don't own a MBA so i can't tell you exactly .. but compare to its competition .. its best option ...

[QUOTE]
It's the truth, not all airlines offer this. And the ones that do, it's only their newer planes.
[/QUOTE]

hmmmm

[QUOTE]
Why? Do you want to buy one?
[/QUOTE]

do you think i will need your advice ? heheh just kidin okay suggest me computer for animation/ visual FX

[QUOTE]
Excuses, Excuses, Excuses. Not everything Apple makes is good. They have been out of ideas for quite some while now. For some this fact is hard to swallow.
[/QUOTE]

yeah thats true .. apple is not perfect ... I hate ipod .. i prefer small mp3 players over it

i hate ipad .. useless piece of ( i don't in which category i should put it in )

There you go again, you're yet again assuming stuff. LOL And this isn't an argument. I'm just wondering how you can advice someone to get a Laptop that lacks most of the features that a Business Laptop should have.

We live in the year 2010 where most of the authentic software comes on CDs or DVDs. CDs and DVDs are essential use for the media and software industry. I don't think you can say the same about Floppy disks can you?

When Software starts getting released on Flash drives, you can bring your point into discussion again.

I see, so you're more of a Windows user, Is that why you assumed that I'm a windows user too?

Now that is just getting ridiculous. LOL

I thought you wanted me to suggest you a Netbook? But It's not made for such tasks. It's rather made for browsing the net and simple Student Projects, pretty much like the Macbook Air. ;)

yeah i have to assume stuff as v r talking over internet as i don't know u or anyone else personaly ... i aready gave you an example .. when first time apple got rid of floppy drive people like you said how can you miss such a major component ..

[QUOTE]
We live in the year 2010 where most of the authentic software comes on CDs or DVDs. CDs and DVDs are essential use for the media and software industry. I don't think you can say the same about Floppy disks can you?

When Software starts getting released on Flash drives, you can bring your point into discussion again.
[/QUOTE]

yeah that what im saying its 2010 .. get rid of CD/DVDs .. now most of softwares you can download trails and buy them online ... don't wait from them to come on usb's

[QUOTE]
I see, so you're more of a Windows user, Is that why you assumed that I'm a windows user too?
[/QUOTE]

i have to a windows user as 3dsmax is only windows based .. im in process of switching to houdini .. which is for mac, linux , win .. & its a fact majority of computer users are windows .. nothing to assume :p

[QUOTE]
Now that is just getting ridiculous. LOL

I thought you wanted me to suggest you a Netbook? But It's not made for such tasks. It's rather made for browsing the net and simple Student Projects, pretty much like the Macbook Air. ;)
[/QUOTE]

netbook !!! .. i will prefer to have iphone instead of a netbook

Re: Laptop

Guys… lets get back to helping pak-one with choosing a laptop :hehe:.

Re: Laptop

LOL

I'd go with Lafanga's suggestion, get a Dell Studio or the XPS range, even better.

Re: Laptop

I agree with Sinner in that CD/DVD media is so last century.
1. Nobody gives you you software to install on an ongoing basis
2. Netflix and Blockbuster are prepping to get out of media on DVD

With that said I'm not an Apple fan, they just make things too restricted. MB Air is a fine example.

Re: Laptop

Apple, just an overpriced POS. (not point of sale)

http://i31.tinypic.com/2ywyao7.jpg

Re: Laptop

^^ * almost drops from chair for laughing.. hard *

i tried googling another one of these and came across another discussion board with a lot more heat.. ONE PARTICULAR comment almost got tears in my eyes :D

I agree with this in case of Macbook pros .. they are expensive .. but bring in any DELL , HP professional workstation class laptop for comparision sake

But when i went to buy a professional workstation for my personal use .. i compare HPz800 (dual Quadcore Xeon nehlam) with Mac Pro (dual Quadcore Xeon nehlam)

I found mac pro to be cheaper and better & readily available in market .. whereas HPz800 will take 30days to come... I have HPz800 workstation in office and mac pro in Home ...

mac pro is so cool ... if you touch the case .. as its aluminium .. where as Hp used cheap plastic

and when you open case .. its a huge difference ... i will post pic later on

The average user doesn’t need quadcore xeons, bro.

If I want to buy a powerful computer for gaming, video editing, browsing, office work, gfx editing,etc.. I will not go out and buy from some greedy corporation. I will build a computer on my own. Which brings your cost down and you get to chose ALL you want and no useless parts.

and aluminum doesn’t really make me jump in the air :smiley:

Re: Laptop

Dont buy quad core for Excel & Internet using. Core 2 duo is good enough. Don’t buy HP. Their quality has been diminishing and their support is crap. This is from personal experience of my friends who all have HP laptops. For someone who is not a gamer $3000 is too much for a laptop. And if you’re gonna use it for travel, dont buy more than 15.6 inches.

However, you can look into Pansonic tough books. They are compact, light and good for travel and very sturdy laptop. A little pricey, but if you have the budget go for it. Never buy Vista. Windows 7 with 32 or 64 bit are good. I think mostly now on the market you’ll find 64-bit OS.

Check out Daily Hot Black Friday Like Online Deals, Latest Coupon Codes, Best Offers & Discounts at eDealinfo.com for great deals.

yeah man .. therefore i wrote professional workstation and i gave you my personal xperence

ok let compare it .. i have look into biulding my own workstation but i didn’t find it so use ful

Mac Pro 3299 $

-Two 2.26GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon “Nehalem” processors
-6GB (six 1GB) memory
-640GB hard drive
-18x double-layer SuperDrive
-NVIDIA GeForce GT 120 with 512MB

Now custom workststion from new egg

-GIGABYTE GV-N240D5-512I GeForce GT 240 512MB (84$)
Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GV-N240D5-512I GeForce GT 240 512MB 128-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

-COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper ($139)
Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER Storm Sniper SGC-6000-KXN1-GP Black Steel, ABS Plastic, Mesh bezel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case - Computer Cases

and few other stuff and you aren’t 100 sure for compatibility.. Plus warranty for each part

Total Cost = 2008 $ + OS cost

believe me … Cool is one of the most important factor in workstation to keep it alive … heat up is the most common cause to damage motherboard /harddrives .. i
had experience of losing such things

bingo meri jaan! :smiley: u cut $1000 right there and u can setup custom cooling system too :wink:

itne jaldi bingo nahi hota .. newegg and custom workstation are good if you live in USA …
but imagine buy all separate parts from ebay .. then shipping them out of USA .. how much will be total cost and each item will arrive on its own time … and if one of item is damage .. think how will you feel ..

Re: Laptop

And then imagine buying a Mac Pro out of USA… :hehe:

i already got it :wink: … it was readily available .. than other top brands like HP z800 or Dell Percision workstation .. which gonna take 2-3 months to come .. and almost same price or even higher

Holy crap. I forgot that I started this thread.

I can’t do Macs, my life at work will be hell.

Macs are nice tho.

Thanks.

How is Dells tech support? Sturdy build for the laptop?

Re: Laptop

Thanks guys.

I am currently running the POS Lenovo loaner from work.

What do you guys think about Sony’s Z series: VAIO Z Series PC | Sony | SonyStyle USA

CP jalo mut…seedhi terha khaoo you cant afford mac. :mocking:

btw pak, the amount of work you mentioned, so if you want to be only on one machine for 8-9 years i suggest invest in something good, something in apple. :smiley: