Kindle or IPAD???

now that the craze for IPAD is over and v hv a better idea abt it what shud I buy?

for my birthday last month my bhaiz gave m an Apple gift card of 600$ coz I was showing interest in IPAD and I am a readoholic. Now I m perplexed on wat 2 do. I do a lot of creative activities like photography, photo editing, digital imaging etc. and I also read a lot of books but still spending 700-800 $ on such a thing does not make much sense to me. Do u think IPAD’s price will come down in future?

My other option is 2 buy Kindle for reading and spend the Apple gift card on Iphone 4G whenever that comes, how does that sound?

Re: Kindle or IPAD???

Based on your activity profile, the IPad does make a lot of sense in your case… although I’m not a particular fan of the technology at this time.

As far as the Kindle is concerned, I’ve been using it for about seven months now and absolutely love it. Since you’re in the States, you’d even have more utility for it as more whispernet options would be available to you.

Re: Kindle or IPAD???

IPAD ftw

k I decided I’ll go 4 the Iphone 4G :smiley: and kindle although I hv 2 wait for the iphone for couple of months for my eligibility with At&t n who knows may b I’ll get n IPAD on my nxt birthday :halo:

Re: Kindle or IPAD???

Iphone some expensive.

Re: Kindle or IPAD???

Good choice Seema jee. I have the iPad and I can tell you from experience that although screen is sharp, battery is amazing and its portable - YOU CANNOT edit pix on it, reading will be easier on kindle beacause its OLED screen (much easier on eyes).

Its great if you want to show off your portfolio / pictures - but can’t get any “work” done on it.

IPad !!!

Re: Kindle or IPAD???

Ipad i lub ittt.. its lyk wadda wala ipod :slight_smile:

Re: Kindle or IPAD???

Kindle in your said situation. Affordable and better.

Re: Kindle or IPAD???

when ppl say they read, i dont believe it. may be its better u get the cash and send that money to some starving people.

Re: Kindle or IPAD???

IPad <3

if you travel for work, something like ipad or kindle is great because you dont have to lug books with you.

Re: Kindle or IPAD???

Technology wise ipad ofcourse. But if you will be doing lot of reading and that is your main purpose, then I would say get Kindle. I found ipad too sharp for the eyes and I don’t think anyone should be constantly staring at it reading. Personally the extra glossy screen and high resolution was hurting my eyes. Maybe there is a way to adjust it, but still if you will be reading books all the time then get Kindle.

Re: Kindle or IPAD???

ipaddd i love ipads :hehe:

when you have more then two hours daily commute, believe me you read !

oki i can better answer this one now..

today i receive my ipad in mail, .. man i am so excited - it’s packed in beautiful artistic box. Just opening it up was a pleasure..

  1. i never seen anything like that - the design is awesome, very sturdy and feel good in the hand.

  2. Press the on button … wow.. screen is gorgeous the resolution on this thing is i don’t know.. but i will tell you .. it’s freaking.. so bright.. that you didn’t see thing like that beforfe.

  3. absolutly charm to go through the setup .. less then 2 minutes.. i am now connected to my wi-fi .. .

  4. Downloaded some apps.. .work flawlessly .. and touch based input.. is just unbelievable.. .learning curve for keyboard is less then half hour.. i would say

  5. connected to itunes.. 45 minutes .. transfer close to 2000 songs & 10000+ photos..

  6. in the new update for ibooks.. you can read pdf files too. .. i am waiting for this.

  7. batter.. what do you think? … using it for 5 hours. .still more then 60% … left.

verdict.. is .. don’t wait.. run to apple store and get.. it.. .. well too bad it’s sold out.. you have to order online and wait for 3/4 weeks

Good Luck :slight_smile:

Re: Kindle or IPAD???

I would buy IPAD for one reason mainly. I read lots of magazines (PC world, Discover, Popular Science and such) and most of them are available as full color apps for IPad. I know that prices are little higher but they will come down. Kindle’s smaller screen and gray and white display is not going to work for me.

Re: Kindle or IPAD???

^ dude .. agree.

i bought the GQ magazine … on ipad. .omg .. it’s out of this world.. .very fine and detail… a must have experience.. !

Re: Kindle or IPAD???

I am glad to hear your testimony Firenze. A side topic but do you think I should wait for the next generation IPAD or just go with the what is out there?

that’s a on going process tariq bahi - the technology will keep moving every day - experience it on the start and until the end… next year .. hmm…

overall it’s a nice product and if you have kids,.. they will love it too - you can play some multiplayer board games together.. good for family gatherings ..too .

so

  1. you can read/watch/listen while commuting ..

  2. browse the web/email/calendar

  3. play games or multiplayer board games for ex. scrabble…

  4. nikki can download some cooking apps (most of them are free anyway) ..

  5. magazines/newspaper … simple any content read/watch/listen experience is mind blowing.. this will be your one of the best investment..
    for ex. Popular Science+ FAQ :wink:

so in short just get it.. man..

as far …next year.. what i am expecting from apple is probably another lil-bit bigger screen model with extra hard disk or a new chip..

and a face time video chat ( currently in iphone 4) ..

that’s all !

GET IT NOW !