Kashmiri Muslims on Indian Side

I thought those threats in colloquial Kashmiri were published in newspapers (that just happen to be in Urdu…oh those pesky details)? I see you’re jumping from one bombastic allegation to another.

Even after extensive investigations into human rights violations by militant organizations, international human rights organizations have found no evidence that mosques in Kashmir were broadcasting obscene threats. Pandit extremists and Indians certainly love to talk about it…and yet, no one can produce a single contemporary news article from 1989-90 to corroborate, even in the anti-Kashmiri Indian media. Surely if there was a day when “every mosque in Kashmir,” as you Indians like to claim, was hurling threats and obsenities at Hindus, then some Indian newspaper would have picked up the story? The militants certainly threatened and killed Pandit individuals, and the Jamat-e-Islami types did do some “Nizam-e-Mustafa” type sloganeering, but the rest is all Indian fairy tales.

Since you apparently enjoy reading Al Safa so much, this letter to the editor, as translated by Human Rights Watch, was sent in by a Pandit refugee organization on October 19, 1990:

I don’t. 219 is the official government figure, and I’ve posted numerous links to sources in the Indian media to corroborate.

I also find it amazing that you Indians have the audacity to accuse anyone of communalism. Your army massacred more than 300 unarmed protesters in Kashmir in January of 1990 alone. But you have no problem with that, or with the fact that they butchered thousands of other protesters…because most of the protesters were Kashmiri Muslims. And if there’s one thing I’ve learned from you people, in the eyes of an Indian, there’s nothing more worthless or expendable than a Kashmiri Muslim’s life.

I used it because Indians like you don’t know what Islamabad/Varmul/etc are.

Only Indian fools think the city was renamed after 1989.

Anantnag was referred to as Islamabad by Kashmiris long before 1989. The Mughals named the city Islamabad after a local governor named Islam Khan; the name was changed during Dogra Raj to Anantnag in an attempt to erase Muslim history. Common Kashmiris continued to refer to the city as Islamabad though without any issues; though when the army came in 1989 they tore down signboards outside stores and routinely beat and tortured people in the streets for the “crime” of referring to the city by its Kashmiri name.

Any other baseles allegations you’d like to make?