Islam for Women or is it?

Thank you! My intent was never to disrespect anybody or hurt anybody’s feelings.

In regards to divorce, I believe you are speaking of khula (separation). Yes, I am aware of it. Don’t you think it’s unfair that a man has the right to divorce his wife but the wife can only separate from him? The wife still has to obtain her husband’s permission to seek Khula, correct me if I am wrong.

I can actually agree with you on that to an extent, that’s only because I find a lot of women making stupid decisions during one of their emotional episodes. Somehow I still don’t find the argument convincing enough. I could say the same thing about men granted the right to marry more than one woman. Had it not been permitted in Islam, we wouldn’t have men practicing polygamy without a cause. Polygamy causes so much resentment and distress to women. Why didn’t Qur’an forbid polygamy then? It could see that women would be taking advantage of the right to divorce but it failed to see how men would manipulate the polygamy law to marry for their own selfish reasons. I am sure if Qur’an forbid polygamy, we would see much less of it today.

I still see that as a grave injustice among our society. Islam has really bound women in many ways. Yes, they have rights that the preceding religions fail to give them, but if we were to call Islam the true religion, it should be fair and just to all irregardless of time, sex, and age.