For sure it is relevant … If I open the door for you and insist “No, you first” then you can easily contest and say “why are you ordering me to go first?” … it does not happen because you understand my motive is to be polite.
Conversely I would never say “keep your mouth shut and obey me” in any instance, however, in some cases you have with respect, taken partiality to verses without fully understanding the motive behind them, I believe some translations also do not help, and some ignorant Muslim people using force do not help either.
The last part I am not going to answer, because I have already answered the part about treatment of women and the difference or similitude to children should not be taken as a negative. Conceptually it may sound odd, but in reality you will like your husband to be patient with you if you lose it on him. That is the same way we treat children.