Peace ravage
You say that I try to argue that the number of witnesses is to lessen responsibility and then you assert that this is treatment of special needs children.
You have forced a comparison based on the assumption that:
a) treatment of children is debasing
b) that women are being treated as such
I didn’t make this comparison … let me put it another way for you to understand … if I open a door for a woman is that to be considered polite or is it considering her invalid?
Should I do something to make the life of others better or will they turn their backs on me saying that I am being controlling, condescending, etc …
The treatment we do of children in whatever they do should be out of love and for dependent women also. This is not equating women with children rather it shows us that the softness we need to use with children is the same with women. As a man you may not realise this straight away, but show me an honest woman who will not love to be treated nicely even when she is angry or sad with you. Instead many men get angry at their women and that will stretch the conflict.
There is a verse in the Qur’an that shows when Maryam (AS) was born that the male is not like the female, according to the fuqaha they say that this puts the advantage on women. To say they are better than men at many things if Islam did not give men authority then we would be subdued by their superior abilities.
By doing this a sense of parity develops and we truly become more equal.
Even though there is a limit for men in terms of hitting, should a woman hit her husband for no big reason at all is she held accountable to it according to Qur’an? My wife may thump me one but I will just smile back and she knows that I cannot hit her. Surely we do this with children i.e. if they show us ingratitude and abuse we calm them down or pour out more love for them, but to equate the two is wrong. The nurturing process is for the children and a caring process or nurturing the relationship can be the similitude you apply to the case of women.
I hope this has made it clearer.