T1000
August 14, 2010, 9:37pm
15
Re: ishtikara/faal
This is the first time I’m hearing of the word, “faal.” But I’m guessing that it refers to a method where you turn to a random page of the Quran and the word that you see or perhaps point to…is like a sign (depending upon the meaning or connotations of the world) of whether or not the intended plans should be proceeded with or not. Correct me if I’m wrong.
Now, I could be wrong, but I think that to fully get an understanding of what a word means and how it’s used…you, may have to look at the whole sentence.
**Now about the Istikhara. I think many people…after performing Istikhara or getting someone else to do it…start looking for “signs” in their dreams and other places. And I think the problem with that is that signs can be confusing…sometimes contradictory…and they’re open to interpretation. And because of this, you DO have to use your own judgment/sense.
In the Istikhara dua…(referring to it’s translation) you’re basically asking Allah that if the intended plan is GOOD for you in both this world and the next…that He make it easy for you and bless it for you. AND that if the intended plan is HARMFUL for you in both this world and the next world…that He turn you away from it…give you better…and make your heart content with His will.
Notice the words or the idea of “turning one away”…“turning one away” does not necessarily mean that you’ll receive some sort of sign in a dream in order to be warned or encouraged. The way I see it…and also what I’ve heard/read is that if it’s good for you Allah will make it happen. If it’s not good for you…it simply won’t happen. I’ve even heard that one may have a feeling/inclination in their heart…but keep in mind that marriage can be a scary step and some of those “negative” feelings may even be a result of cold feet.**
So, IMPO…if you and your family really like this guy…and if your family has fulfilled their responsibility of THOROUGHLY checking this guy out to the best of your abilities, then go ahead with the rishta.
I was about to write this whole concept but thaks to you for saving up my words.
Most of the people belive that istakhara gives them green signal for doing or not to do something but it isn’t the fact. Istakhara will help you let things smooth in your way if this thing is good for you and otherwise not.
Secondly, I would highly recommend that do it yourself rather asking someone else to do it