Re: Is it just asians?
I went to the bank today, a lady in front of me was asian and needed to put some coins into the bank. She had some of the coins in the wrong bags and the bank accountant got like realllly pissed. I could tell she was pissed, murmuring under her breath, moving the bags sharply, making dirty faces like as if she's fed up of it. The asian lady wasn't one of the really desi types and spoke english fluently, just because she was wearing shalwar kameez. The lady spoke back saying how it's rude to murmur and make faces at customers. The bank accountant was astonished.
Then when I came to her, she went "oh no, not again!" What is it with people thinking you can get away with saying stuff just because they think your really desi and don't understand anything.
If its easy to open a new bank account where you live -
In such case go to the manager and tell him you want to close the account immediately because of this reason. I am sure the bank manager wouldn't want that. He can't afford to loose customers because of the bank teller rudness. Most likely he will apologise.