assalam o alikum
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/flower1.gif
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/flower2.gif
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/flower2.gif
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/flower1.gif
I m a big fan of Ghalib (not in sense of his ideas but due to his poetry and andaz-e-bian other wise Iqal(reh)is the best)
whats ur idea
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/flower1.gif
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/flower2.gif
yeh masaelay tasawwaf yeh tera bian Ghalib
hum tughay walee samaghtay jo na badakhar hota
(badakhar means sharabee:mai khuar)
[This message has been edited by muhammad khawar (edited May 14, 2002).]
yes Chacha Ghalib is one of my favourite Too …
http://www3.pak.org/gupshup/smilies/ok.gif
I’m Gonna Be The Champ
The Way I Wanna Be
( Muhammad ALI )
Yeah Offcourse Ghalib is the Best when it comes to Urdu poetry, no one can beat him. His poetry has philosphy of life in them. What I most like is his way of saying very usual things very unusual and special way.
like
Hazaron khwashen aisi kay har khwaish pay daam nikle.
Bhaut nikle meray arman lekin phir bhi kaam nikle.
Now what he is saying in this poetry is very usual and common thing, but the is making it beautiful. The biggest tragedy with Ghalib is that he was born 100 years earlier of his times, just think if he was 100 years latter what a big thing he would've been. It is a pity that most of his collection was lost, I have recently come to know that he was mainly a farsi poet, he wrote most of his poetry in Farsi but all of it was lost. Any way he is a legend and no one can take his place in the world of urdu, he is one of the most creative minds ever lived. Because of my busy schedule I couldn't regularly read him but as soon as I am done with my studies I am planning to spend almost a year studying all of his literature and all the other old poets like Mir, Hali, Dard. But when ever I read Ghalib, I come to realize that poetry which we have today is totally empty. Any way back to the subject Ghalib is the best, was the best and he will be. He is an Ultimate Poet.
Margayi Maut magar Gaam nahin bhoola mujhko.
Jaan SAhib Na Kabhi Dil say yeh Kanta nikla.
Kuch Din to Baso Meri Ankhon main, Phir Khwab agar ho jao to Kiya.