As predicted the foreign occupiers are facing Fallujah-like humiliations all over Iraq, at the hands of the brave resistance fighters. :k:
http://framehosting.dowjonesnews.com/sample/samplestory.asp?StoryID=2004051621090000&Take=1
Italian Troops Evacuate S Iraq Base Under Fire-Reports
Italian troops evacuated a base that came under repeated fire Sunday in the southern Iraqi city of Nasiriyah, as clashes continued for a third day and at least six Italians were injured, news reports said. The Apcom news agency quoted contingent spokesman Maj. Antonio Sottile as saying Italian troops pulled out of the Libeccio base at around 9 p.m. Iraqi time and relocated to another one, White Horse, for security reasons. The Libeccio base, which is near one of the key bridges over the Euphrates, had come under repeated fire throughout the day, and at least one soldier was seriously injured in the clashes, the ANSA news agency reported.
Elsewhere in Nasiriyah, a convoy transporting the Italian official in charge of the city, Barbara Contini, came under attack as it neared the headquarters of the U.S.-led Coalition Provisional Authority, ANSA said. Contini was uninjured, but two carabinieri paramilitary police were injured, the agency said, citing military sources. Apcom quoted Italian contingent spokesman Lt. Col. Giuseppe Perrone as saying militants were firing light weapons, mortar shells and rocket-propelled grenades against the CPA building. Some shots were coming from a nearby hospital. He stressed that the attacks weren’t continuous, but rather occasional and that they had continued overnight. As opposed to fighting in previous days, the gunmen appeared to be staging hit-and-run strikes, firing and then disappearing rather than taking up positions, Apcom quoted Perrone as saying. Three of the injured Italians were hurt while operating their armored vehicle, Perrone said. Another was injured by a mortar shell that exploded nearby. Trouble started in Nasiriyah on Friday after daylong fighting in the holy city of Najaf between U.S. forces and al-Sadr’s fighters. At one point, international staffers and Italian journalists had been trapped inside the local headquarters of the U.S.-led coalition. Two Filipino guards were injured in the fighting.