Iran vs. Rest of the world: eye-ball to eye-ball and the dangerous games

This is a deadly game for poor and jobless Iranian masses. Their leaders are creating a big mess that may take 2400 years (half life of Cesium isotopes) to cleanup. May Allah help our neighbors, and bless them with caution, and Sabr. Amin.

BBC NEWS
Iran steps nearer confrontation
By Paul Reynolds
World Affairs correspondent, BBC News website

Iran’s decision to resume nuclear research after a voluntary suspension during the last two years is another step in the delicate and dangerous diplomatic dance over its nuclear future.

It will be taken as a sign in the West that Iran is determined to pursue its ambition of developing the technology to enrich uranium - a technology that can be used both for civil and military nuclear use.

But in keeping with the two-steps forward, one-step back approach Iran has adopted, it is still proceeding with some caution.

As well as announcing this move on research, it has agreed to further talks with Russia next month on a compromise proposal from Moscow that enrichment of Iranian nuclear fuel be carried out in Russia - despite the breakdown of talks last week.

‘Patience failing’

Iran’s tactic is always to offer further talks even when, perhaps especially when, an impasse is reached.

It did so last year after the breakdown of negotiations with the EU3 - Britain, France and Germany - which had been trying to turn a temporary suspension of Iranian enrichment work into a permanent cessation.

Those negotiations have not resumed because Iran has not re-suspended all its nuclear activities.

It remains to be seen whether the resumption of research on nuclear fuel - in conjunction with its August decision to start the process of preparing uranium ore for enrichment - will trigger a referral to the Security Council by the International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA).

The head of the IAEA, Mohamed ElBaradei, has said that the world is “running out of patience with Iran”. But he said that in December as well.

German Foreign Minister Frank-Walter Steinmeier was more pointed and said: “This marks a breach of Tehran’s commitments. It cannot remain without consequence. We have had over the past weekend two very, very ominous signals from the Iranian government.”

Read the rest at:

Re: Iran vs. Rest of the world: eye-ball to eye-ball and the dangerous games

BOOM!

Who is gonna be suprised? Weep big crocodile tears?

Re: Iran vs. Rest of the world: eye-ball to eye-ball and the dangerous games

by the way, accident? I think not.

Iran Jet Crash Kills Top Military CommanderBy VOA News
09 January 2006

The crash of a military plane in northwestern Iran has killed at least 11 people, including one of the country’s top commanders.
Initial reports said 13 people were killed.
The official IRNA news agency says Ahmed Kazemi, commander of ground forces for Iran’s Revolutionary Guards, and several other senior officers were killed when the Falcon jet they were traveling in crashed while attempting to land Monday at Orumiyah, near the Turkish border.
It was not clear how many people were on board the plane. Officials say they are investigating.
Just over a month ago, December 6, 108 people died when an Iranian cargo plane crashed into a Tehran apartment building while trying to make an emergency landing. The aircraft was more than 25 years old - a C-130 that Iran had purchased from the United States before the 1979 Islamic revolution.
http://www.voanews.com/english/2006-01-09-voa9.cfm

Re: Iran vs. Rest of the world: eye-ball to eye-ball and the dangerous games

This guy is mad. His lunacy could bring an early demise of the mullah-cracy in Iran. Keep your fingers crossed. :D