Re: I wish a new tradition would arise, spend the least amount of money on weddings.
Actually, now that I think about it, there are weddings where the least amount of money is spent. Those are usually guy marrying a gori (or latina) and parents not approving. Such weddings take place at the mosque, after which a few close friends and family are served home cooked or cheaply catered dinner. Then these friends and family put on a fake smile and congratulate the bride and groom and go back home saying chalo musalman to ho gayee (she atleast converted).
Just kidding, really. But that is how wedding should be. Or maybe it should be socially acceptable that a wedding can be any type of wedding that the parents and bride and groom want. If it's a small wedding, that's great. It it's a big wedding, then I hope they could afford it.