i used mac loose powder and blush… before one month it was pretty gud but eventually i got break outs which sucks completely cause i have super sensitive skin… and i have oily skin too…
i need to get face powder… can u gals tell me abt some good brands which does not cause break-outs or anything…I don’t want to use mac powder cause that will break me out. I need loose powder. What do you suggest??
MAC makes me breakout terribly. Ever since I started using it (I was told it’s really good n such and it is good for coverage) I’ve been getting acne and blemishes.
Cover effects - just yesterday a lady from Vichy recommended it to me. She whispered it in my ear at her booth..lol!
Clinique’s foundation is amazing, i’m not a frequent user of foundation but i bought this scared to use it incase it made me get spotty, but noooooooo it really didnt!
lol i had mac’s recipt but i dunno i lost it somewhere in ma room lol… now i dunno if i will find it they will refund it or not no idea i think i bought in aprill
should still be ok. I went and returned a foundation ( NC44) after about 7 weeks. I kept getting told i look ‘kali’ and it just looked horrid. Went to mac saw an asian lady and she matched my colour to NC 35 to give me the glow i wanted but still looking my natural shade.
MAC is one of those brands that people either totally hate or absolutely love. I’m acne prone but I looove MAC. Been using it for over 3 years and never had a problem. But I know plenty of others who break out from it.
As others mentioned, Clinique is another good option. I would also recommend you check out Bobby Brown. Chanel is nice too…I used to use that before MAC.
MAC is ONE of the best when it comes to heavy make up…its not the best when it comes to taking care of your skin. There are others out there far better in quality and coverage.
I love this stuff…really do.
Clinique’s Superfit is really light and nice for everyday use…thats a good option as well.
Absolutely! Either it works beautifully for some or terribly for others. It works really well on my sister and mom but on me…its a little too much and I break out instaneously from it.
Although the foundation is nice I find that Clinique doesn’t have too many colors to match our ‘desi’ tones. It’s also great if you have clear, blemish-free skin as it doesn’t provide a good coverage.
Well, what the make up artist does on you will look amazing because they are professionals and thats their job.
You need to go to a counter, pick up a brush and experiment with different shades until you find the one that works for you. If its a non-desi make up artist, ignore whatever they say. I find non-desies really dont know what to do with South Asian skin tones.
You have to ask them for a sample so lets say if you’re buying foundation. They’ll put it in a tiny container for you to take home. I didn’t know this before until a friend told me. I used to buy all sorts of products without taking a sample home.