Re: I have never been a fan of "smaller" countries taking part in WC or ICCCT - Ponti
I agree 100% with Ponting(& Holding) on this issue. Imazine India, Pakistan etc being able to play in the Soccer World Cup with Brazil, Italy, France and the rest.
To allow countries like Bermuda, Ireland and expatriate outfits like USA, Namibia etc to play in the WORLD CUP dilutes the grandness of the occasion. And most improtantly, I don't see any benefit coming out of it.
first you say imagine :D
on the seperate note. pakistan india etc do take part in FIFA WC qualifying matches. its a seperate issue that they dont qualify but look at korea, saudi arabia and few other teams who qualify from these groups. they dont go there and win games. but atleast it gives them some chance to play at the highest level and gain some experience.