i cant see....

Our senses are fallible. Our inability to use senses in determining reality is pathetic. I feel disgusted by the limited scope of our worldly disciplines. ‘Reason’ is the only gateway to salvation and self mastery. Schools of thought should be concentrating purely on understanding the universal concepts. Worldly problems blind us, limit us, bound us and hold us prisoners in the cave of ignorance. Only the pursuit of the good can set us free. It is through the pursuit of the forms that we can unlock the innate goodness in us. One of the reason why Plato said that “an unexamined life is not worth living” is because without self examination and contemplation we are not fulfilling our purpose. As cognizant beings, ‘thinking’ is not just an ability, it is our sole purpose.

Forget about who’s god is better. Stop debating about which theological school is the better way to lead life. Stop using books to justify your actions. Stop the insanity under the names of few “prophets”. Close your eyes, Forget what you know, think…understand… act. I was reading Plato’s republic and his notion of a philosopher ruler is the only solution.

We know nothing and what ever we know can not be trusted. Our eyes show us nothing. our ears tell us lies. we touch the matter and cant comprehend its essense. I feel dumb and i love the confusion!

Re: i cant see....

i agree with everything you say...go gamma..! :D

Re: i cant see....

"...i accept what is generally believed, and...I look not into them but into my own self: Am I a beast more complicated and savage than Typho, or am I a tamer, simpler animal with a share in a divine and gentle nature?...."

Plato rocks. according to him there really exists no discourse worth serious attention and the only stuff worth serious attention is stuff that is written for the sake of understanding and learning...and only the man that realizes this is a Wisdom lover, that is, a philosopher....