How is Life after Divorce?

cosmicBiwi… I read your other thread and it’s horrible that an incident from years ago is still present in your marriage. You’re considering a divorce and your husband has left the decision on you… what does your husband want? Is your husband going to support your son if you get divorced?

Have you tried counseling? Forget the family and what others think… think about only your marriage right now. You don’t want to have any regrets later on that maybe your marriage could have worked out if you had just a little more time. Don’t involve the family and talk to a marriage counselor. If that doesn’t work, go for a trial separation.

Regarding your questions… based off of the experiences in my extended family and friends… yes, divorcees can be looked down upon. It usually happens in families where there haven’t been divorces or they are not open minded. But I know of families that are supportive and don’t give any taanas. It gets more stressful when the family puts pressure on a remarriage. Will they look down on your child- I doubt it and I hope not.